TITANS: That was not a good first episode.

First episode was AWESOME!!!

2 Likes

This was a good setup I felt . This is a huge step up from the CW shows . It’s not a full length feature so I think the comparison is a bit flawed . I really dig the tone

4 Likes

I loved the episode

1 Like

I’ll agree that the DCAMU is off the chain but the OP comes off sounding like one of those Marvel stans crying about “needs more color :sob:”. Kinda off putting to me.

2 Likes

To clarify, some of these animated DC movies are excellent…but I prefer live action.

I thought the episode was fantastic and on par with the Marvel Netflix series with its gritty tone and feel. As a comic fan I felt it stayed true to the characters comic history and it was also cool to see my wife who is not a huge comic nerd also really enjoy it. Im glad they are taking their time and building the story.

2 Likes

Titans definitely comes with some flaws. However, there was something that game off as charming. Though it may not be “the greatest” I could tell that effort was put into this show. I will stick around and keep watching. It has my attention and I am enjoying it.

Titans definitely comes with some flaws. However, there was something that game off as charming. Though it may not be “the greatest” I could tell that effort was put into this show. I will stick around and keep watching. It has my attention and I am enjoying it.

I’ve been an online critic for 20 years, and I thought the pilot was just fine. I’m not a Titans follower, so other than Dick Greyson, these were all new characters for me (although I have seen some of the characters in DC animated titles). I’d give the episode a solid B+

1 Like

Only thing I didn’t like about the episode was Starfire. I don’t like anything about her. The costume.
The hair. Her. Everything.
Not saying the actress is bad. Because she is a good actor.
But she is not a good Starfire.

1 Like

Good episode…enough said.

3 Likes

WELL! I love the actors! They played their parts. (Great acting)That’s all I liked! So many Why’s! Why not Blood Haven? Why so dark!?! Y’all pulled a M. Night Shyamalan, with “Last Airbender “:man_shrugging:t2: You have the books! Dick Grayson finally gets his own show, and y’all don’t use Dick Grayson! That’s Jason Todd! Star Fire better fly by the end of this “S**t show. Take a page from the CW! I grow up on The Teen Titans, I’m 45,and this is not it! Pretty bummed so far

1 Like

Disagree with the OP on every point.

I was a theatre major in college, I have seen overacting, didn’t see any in the pilot for Titans though.
It’s a show based on comic book characters, don’t think you can “over dramatise” it.
Plenty of color in this show, especially when Starfire is on screen, full green animal Beast Boy. Raven is supposed to be dark and a lot of Robins scenes were night time in Detroit.

Opening and closing theme sounded like a fart machine? Whose farts did the machine get based on? They need to see a doctor.

I own and love all of the DC animated original movies as well as the new Constantine movie. I will continue to support this service and this show, because like the OP, I love these characters and the DC Universe. I guess we did agree on that.

7 Likes

Why not wait for the rest of the damn season? Character and story arcs is a thing.

So sick of the "it’s not the Titans I grew up with or the cartoons"shit. No it’s not, it’s a new interpretation and an elseworld’s story like everything outside of comics is. You don’t have to like it but accept it co existing in the DC Universe.

I grew up with comics too and am 33yo, doesn’t bother me but if it does for you…go back to the comics or cartoons as a security blanket!

3 Likes