TITANS: That was not a good first episode.

DISCLAIMER: This is essentially a re-post of my mini review in the Titans’ Community section. It’s a negative review, nevertheless what choice do I have but to keep watching future episodes. That small glimmer of hope I hold on to as a sorry DC fan because I love these characters too much. Oh, the agony.

Wow.

Now that was a bad episode. Bad first impression really.

Over-acted, over-dramatised, and it comes off really bland. Needs some color and some vibrancy. Poor choice of music too.

How appropriate was it to have the opening and closing theme to sound like a fart machine, really?

People in the community, I highly suggest you stick to the DC Animated Movie Universe: Justice League vs Teen Titans, and The Judas Contract.

Constantine: City of Demons (of the DCAMU as well) was released this week and even with how heavily mature it was, had vibrancy and a savory impression. Easier to breathe really.

Buy the animated films, people. Be it digital or physical, it’s really important to vote with your wallet. That’s how you turn heads in this world.

4 Likes

Pretty much 100% disagree with you

15 Likes

Yeah same with DJWolfman

5 Likes

Same with the two above

4 Likes

To each their own…

Couldn’t disagree with you more

2 Likes

Haven’t seen it yet but these comments made me laugh :joy:

1 Like

Sounds like maybe you are confusing it with Titans Go.

1 Like

The comments aren’t funny. Simply possible to feel completly opposite from the OP. Episode wasn’t perfect or anything but it’s just not as bad as the OP make it seem

1 Like

@Rigo1336

I’m afraid I’ve grown out of watching cartoons lol, I would rather read the comics. I can see why you wouldn’t like it, you prefer a cartoon. This show is geared towards adults.

2 Likes

So does “geared towards adults” mean heroes don’t act like heroes? I’m 52 and I’ve been reading Titans for 30 years. That excuse is so tired. Just because you make something violent doesn’t make it for adults. It makes it sophomoric. Also, never a fan of the weird anime cartoon version so my Titans dreams are forever unfulfilled outside the printed page.

1 Like

TV is saturated with super-hero shows. Did you think they would make you pay a subscription to a CW quality show? It would go bust over night.

1 Like

I loved it. Shrug. Exactly the kind of story I wanted for a Young Grayson having just left Batman

5 Likes

Why was this even made as its own thread? To stand out? There’s different Titans threads already but there should just be one sticky one

1 Like

@Rich - 1980s Titans was dark and violent. But also comedic and classic comic book. I both of these existed in this new version too.

Also, how does a hero act? Are they all your proverbial boy scout likes Supes? Are they dark and broody like Bats? Are they overly violent like Ollie? Do they exact revenge at no matter what cost like Red Hood? Can’t heroes also be bad people?

4 Likes

Heroes/vigilantes, they wear mask and work outside the law.

1 Like

The show at least isn’t all dark and gloomy. There’s a good balance with humor or has potential to be and especially with Beast Boy and depending on Dick’s character arc

4 Likes

Those video games though . . .

Beast Boy knows the good stuff to loot

3 Likes

For a first episode, I’d say it was pretty solid. My only complaint is that Beast Boy didn’t show up sooner, but DC is always out to leave us wanting more.

5 Likes