Titans/Teen Titans/Teen Titans Go! Discussion Thread

Okay, I’m actually really glad that this thread was made and that we don’t have to choose, because if I’m honest, I feel like TTG gets too much hate. This is just my thoughts but I think it’s perfectly fine that all three of these shows are completely different from each other.

I’m apart of the younger crowd that was too young to watch the OG Titans because I was born a year before it came out, and my mom thought that I was too young to watch Cartoon Network in general, that was a big nay nay growing up, so Disney and Boomerang it was (I have vague memories of Justice League but again, too young to remember). I also didn’t grow up liking DC or superheroes in general, and I didn’t get into Batman until I was 13. My friend forced me to watch TTG and I genuinely liked it so much, I spent most of my summer watching the show, to the point were every single episode was a rerun for me. When I went back to school, I told the main nerd and geek clique that I was into Batman and that I had watched the show (because back then I didn’t even fit in with the nerd crowd), and I was shocked when they shut me down immediately because the show was “garbage”. I thought they liked that kind of stuff! Needless to say, I haven’t watched the show since because it just reminds me of the people that throw hate on it :pensive:.

I absolutely love Titans, as I feel it is more about showing how these heroes are and act in our own world (and it brought me the first live action Jason, which I think is a step forward from DC and his character). I don’t care if people think that the cosplayers look better than the actors, but gosh darn it if Raven was real, that’s what she would look like, not at all cartoony. I know everyone has a right to their difference of opinion, but I wish the hatred level for this show would go down tremendously. I know there’s plot holes and the writing isn’t great at times, but it’s a show that people have the right to choose whether to watch or not, it doesn’t impact your physical health or well being.

As for the OG Teen Titans, I watched it back when we were DCU and I loved it. I understand why people choose this as their ideal Teen Titans show, but all three of these shows are special and unique. Some of them have emotional ties to people like me.

I don’t “hate” TTG or Titans. It’s more like I’m indifferent to them.

I did buy the “Vs.” movie, and I was disappointed to find that the OG Teen Titans were quite a bit out of character, didn’t visually look right and were basically just guest stars in a TTG movie. That said, that will probably be the last time we see the 2003 OG Teen Titans in new material. RIP, OG Teen Titans.

2 Likes

That’s what cliques do. Just because they are nerds doesn’t mean they will like the same things you do. For instance, there are comic book cliques who hate the animated OG Teen Titans because of its “Murakanime” look and feel, and the fact that they are very different from the Wolfman/Perez era comic book characters. It doesn’t matter that Marv Wolfman liked and ever wrote scripts for the show.

1 Like

Agreed. Batman wasn’t the only thing I had in common with them, but nothing was really good enough for them anyways. It might have been because I didn’t dress like them, they might not have taken me seriously as a casual video game fan, or whatever it was, but I eventually stepped away from them in high school and I’ve been happier since.

1 Like

Loved the episode!

2 Likes

while I prefer the original teen titans cartoon, over teen titans go, and while I original hated Teen Titans Go, it more or less has won me over, by the fact it doesn’t hold back about how stupid of a show it is. it is funny cuz I do happen to like both of the go movies.

love the guy with the sign in the vs movie who says teen titans go ruined his childhood.

in truth what got me not hating on Teen Titans GO is Bubbles from the powerpuff girls having a mental break down about all of the reasons I hated the teen titans from teen titans go. just thinking about that scene has me :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Big news here:

Teen Titans Go! The Night Begins to Shine Lands Standalone Series (cbr.com)

Can I get a boo-yah?

3 Likes

CURRAN WALTERS JUST POSTED THIS ON HIS INSTAGRAM (on set of Titans season 3):

3 Likes

FIRST 10 EPISODES OF SEASON 3 TITLES REVEALED:

3 Likes

#1 eps

:00_batgirl: :0_batgirl: :00_batgirl:

4 Likes

Did someone say Curran Walters?

tumblr_nz9s5e1KJL1uqe8iio1_500

3 Likes

( spoilers if you are not caught up on the show Titans )

So I looked up Titans and found this thread and was relieved, If you are familiar with Tim Drake, and the Titans/ Teen Titans, the current reveal of Tim Drake on HBOs Titans, isn’t a big surprise; we saw it a mile away.

But it makes me scratch my head at how tv writers don’t think things through all the way or perhaps care.

Because if one is watching this show as a newbie, to DC , especially Tim Drake ,
this is a big w.t.f moment, because if you are paying attention, the only time there is even a suggestion that Tim Drake is lgbtq is in a brief scene in that bus where it appears he is taking a slight ribbing for posing with his staff and sending them to Bernard. The ribbing was so slight, an the entire scene seemed written in a nonchalant way; that to me there was no indication that Tim was flirting, I thought he was just being a nerd; and showing off to someone who was training him to fight and created a weapon for him.

Also problem number 2; there was literally not at any point in time in the show, any mention of Tim Drake being of any sexual orientation, which to me says that the writers just assumed everyone knew, or they didn’t care. OR, it was mentioned for 2 seconds on the show, and I missed it.

Problem 3 I had with the romance of Tim and Bernard falling for each other is that kiss scene. I busted out laughing for the following reason, at no point did Bernard indicate he was available or interested, it was the most random kiss ever, who in their right mind just assumes someone is bi, or gay or what ever, and does that.? Granted, we see it all the time for heterosexuals in shows, but Most of the time there is heavy flirting or romance between characters before hand.

So there ya go, had to vent it. Who ever wrote that romance out for those characters really botched it in my view. For those that don’t think so, don’t sweat it; or over think it, my gripe is the writing of those scenes. Nothing more.

2 Likes

IIRC, there’s another more active, more recent Titan’s thread. I believe it’s in the Watch A Long (WALs) area? You might get more feedback. I have only seen the first episode as my main interest in this show is when Joshua Orpin is giving anything to do as Superboy; as far as your comments about Tim, I think the bo staff scene is in what I saw so far but not the kiss. You are correct that neither is really made out to be defined as interested in guys and they could potentially handle that differently. However, given the reaction of, IIRC, Raven and someone else at the picture, it’s clear they think Tim is up to something with the snap shot and it’s suggestive that they think he’s flirting. But yes, even with that comment, it could be a little clearer with out them wearing huge flags or making broad blatant statements (and personally, I’m all in favor of treating these in a matter of fact way, versus the need to make declarative statements).

1 Like

I didn’t know there was a watch along thread, an i saw the title which to mean seemed to include the show as well, maybe i misunderstood, anyhow, I still like show, and the comics,

I just meant if you want to talk with people, that seems to be the current, most recent thread. I know it’s a pain with some of these threads, because it’s hard to figure out what’s recent. They really SHOULD prune a lot of these old threads versus letting people stumble across them and bring them back up from the dead.

2 Likes