Titans Season Three Discussion - Contains Spoilers!

I kinda figured this but thank you for confirming. I am now slightly less sure that she was sincere about why she killed her parents but I guess we will see how this plays out.

Thank you! I enjoy writing them. :smiley:

3 Likes

You’re welcome. Also, yeah, if it’s one thing I’ve learned is just b/c it’s this way, even in an entire library of a character. Doesn’t mean it won’t be that way in the series or film. So by no means am I saying it won’t be different this time. I was only speaking to her as she’s written in the past. My intentions were strictly to be helpful, not argumentative. But, I figured you’d get that, & u did!!!

4 Likes

I give this episode -1000/10 only and I mean ONLY because Dick was driving a Jeep Truck. Dick I was rooting for you, we were all rooting for you and here you go and pull this ■■■■. All I am is disappointed…still love you though.

But in all seriousness, I really liked this episode. I thought the whole thing was smoother than the other episodes (idk how to explain it but hopefully you get my point). I was a little hesitant with the whole Oracle thing but I think that they did a good job integrating it without making it Barbara. I really like where Jason is at the moment, he’s starting to feel the consequences of taking the anti fear toxin and I’m excited to see how it all plays out. Hopefully my sweet angel Gar will make everyone see that Jason is still a good person he just went about it the wrong way. Y’all when Dick and Barbara kissed I almost screamed, I love those two so much. On another note, am I the only one who is very uncomfortable with the energy that Connor and Blackfire are giving off because I will only say this once I do not want to see those two do it or even come close to doing it or I will kindly be removing my eyeballs please and thank you. Also where is Tim, I need to what happened and if he’s okay bc if he’s not okay, then I’m not okay.

5 Likes

I got strong brother eye from oracle too. I was also kind of surprised by Crane being so shocked they found him, but at the same time I feel like he was so confident in himself that he was one step ahead of them, that he underestimated what the team was really capable of.

4 Likes

I read somewhere on line that Blackfire was the main villain for the second half of the season, does anyone know if this is actually true? If it is then I see what they’re doing with her bc you’re right she’s a liar and always will be, but then also if they aren’t going that route maybe she’s sticking with the team? Again this could all be crap but could be interesting.

3 Likes

I mean, “strictly” based on comic history. She’s the poster child for backstabbing, & throwing people under the bus to further her own agenda. It’s like a constant repetitive theme?

3 Likes

But, as we’ve said…who knows if they are gonna represent her in a different light than she’s ever been seen in b4?

3 Likes

You are not alone.

4 Likes

She had red hair too & that changed.

Meaning in the comics & animated series etc. not this show. Obviously there’s a ton of difference but I love it!!!

3 Likes

Got to admit I love stoner scarecrow, but I dislike they downplay Jason’s intelligence a bit by having him as scarecrow dog of war. Given I ship NightOracle over Nightfire, I am glad dick is unscrewing up his relationship with Babs. I hope they stick with these two stayings together. I also like that they are staying in a darker territory you don’t see in the arrowverse, even in the more uplifting episodes. I am also wondering how the heck the scarecrow/red hood managed to get so many of the EKG bombs. the one used on hawk was the only prototype.

I get the feeling we may not just see the rise of Tim Drake in this, but also the rise of We Are Robin.

6 Likes

I’d love if they involved some We Are Robin characters!!!

I would say some are way less likely to appear. But, I’ve learned to never say never with DC shows. As of 2 weeks ago, I would’ve said my dream of ever seeing Lady Vic live-action would never happen. I didn’t think I’d even see her animated. Than got a live-action even b4 she’s ever been animated. So, anything’s possible is my new stance?

4 Likes

Not at all. I will say that this… decision kinda shocked me. Is it believable that she would flirt with him? Most likely, I mean, those of us with eyes could understand why she’d flirt with Connor (lets be real here), but I was shocked to see him reciprocate a bit. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

3 Likes

:grin: The first episode of Season three had what was likely Duke Thomas (name not revealed could be Tim or Luke Fox) and Daxton Chill appear as photos on the bat computer. however, it also had three robin’s Tim Drake, Stephanie Brown, and interestingly (and the first possible recruit) Carrie Kelley in Bruce’s possible recruits file. it was also smartly placed as really I think everyone here only thinks about the shocking ending of the first episode and may have overlooked it.
Side note: Personally I would also love to see the pair hawk and dove as Dawn and Holly Granger.

3 Likes

Oh, I like this idea. We had Daxton Chill and Duke Thomas in the possible Robin pictures earlier in the season. So the groundwork for We Are Robin is there. A Robin uprising to counter the Scarecrow one? That’d be really neat.

1 Like

well, I would say the titan’s version would also have Tim Drake, Stephanie Brown, and Carrie Kelley as members.

3 Likes

Oh, yeah, I doubt if Titans did We are Robin that it would be the same roster as the comics. Your roster would be great.

We are Robin is a great concept because while the story focused on a core handful of kids it was actually a huge movement in Gotham. Tons of kids and teens dressed as Robin, so the roster could be literally anyone. And as fun as that would be, that is still a very Gotham concept and hopefully Titans goes back to being a Titans show soon. (Even though I love Gotham)

1 Like

true however I kinda think this season is also going to cover we are robin and battle for the cowl as enough elements are there.

2 Likes

Little late, but I really enjoyed this episode. It was a good team episode but I was surprised to see Blackfire join the team. When she explained her backstory I was confused since it was so different from what I knew. It seemed more like the show is going for misunderstood bad guy than actual bad guy who has it out for Starfire. But I see where @capo-mage says she could be playing them because thats just what she does and that is a good point. So I’m just gonna take what she says with a grain of salt for now :laughing:.

I actually didn’t really like the Oracle computer much. Just because it seems to be some all knowing being that Barbara is afraid of instead of Barbara showing how awesome she is with the tech stuff.

I do like that even when everyone else is saying Jason is too far gone Gar still thinks he is their friend and just needs help. I’m really liking that storyline and hoping it works out. That was one of the best parts of the episode for me when Gar was looking around Jason’s room and having a full conversation with himself.

Poor Jason. You can tell he seems to be having some regrets here.

Also strange that we did not see anything more on Tim.

Also, I seem to be in the minority here but I did not mind the interactions between Connor and Blackfire. I thought they were kinda funny :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Agreed. He needs a hug.

(And I know the perfect person who should give him one :grin:)

5 Likes

Yes!!! Holly is an awesome Hawk. Yeah I have a sharp eye. The 1st episode crowbar beat down, was done soooo cool looking. Nothing against Redhood, I love em. I just never saw the Joker portrayed like that in anything non-comics. It was a silhouette of like part cgi, part real, part animated…idk officially what it was. That’s what it looked like to me tho? Yeah they have been moving things along fast, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they got to them this season. I was thinking eventually they will for sure. I just wasn’t sure it would be this season. But, we skipped a ton between last season & the start of this season already so I wouldn’t be shocked…?

3 Likes