Titans Season Three Discussion - Contains Spoilers!

I wonder if they will play this up like the death of superman

2 Likes

Since this big event happen in titans fashion they will probably show a ep that has nothing to do with the events of hank

2 Likes

Before Titans I didn’t know much about hawk and Dove now they are my favorites

2 Likes

It is well made but not for me. Good takes on the classic stories. I imagine people who like gotham-y stories enjoy it.

I really enjoyed the scene of Dick coming home to the tune of “Meet me in the woods” though. It was a nice emotional beat in this otherwise dark series.

6 Likes

I will say with Hank gone make me wonder if Dawns new story may revolve around bringing in Holly :thinking:

5 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. They have a way of hanging us off a cliff even before the finale.

Season one: when Kori remembers her mission and grabs up Rachel, they follow that with the Hank/Dawn backstory episode and we had to wait two weeks to see how it turned out.

Season two showed Connor’s backstory for the majority of the episode after Jason fell from the roof. There’s another season two episode that did something similar that I can’t remember the details of at the moment.

IF there’s a two week wait for the immediate aftermath of the Hank thing, my guess would be the episode goes to Themyscira to show Raven’s progress trying to revive Donna​:four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes

I think people are being too quick to just accept that Alan Ritchson is done with the series.

1 Like

Generally speaking, I like this show. I’ve complained before about too much moping and not enough team action, and in these first three episodes they seem to have rectified that. While there’s definitely a lot of drama, it’s nice to see the Titans work together as a team, and get some much needed action along the way.

I don’t see anyone saying this, so I will. I don’t like this version of Bruce Wayne or how the show is handling him. For one, his personality is weaker than I expect it to be. He just comes across as “Sob… I killed the Joker… I have to leave Gotham… sob”. Pleeease… that’s not Batman. And what’s with this Batman disappearing thing? First Batwoman and now Titans? It’s getting a bit tired. Then there’s the total lack of nuance in the relationship between Bruce and his Bat family. They all just pretty much hate the guy. It fails to capture the dynamics in the comics (at least the ones I’ve read), where they don’t agree on everything, but are still pretty much a family. The show is Titans and they want the focus to be on them; I get it. Maybe basing the season in Gotham City wasn’t a great idea?

Sorry, my rant was longer than my praise. As I mentioned in my opener, I like the show. It’s just Bruce Wayne sticks out to me like a sore thumb, especially this season.

6 Likes

I feel ya. Part of me wonders if this was done on purpose to force the spotlight to be on more characters. Even in season two, Bruce only made a few appearances and they were important to the story, especially Dick’s. There is also already quite a bit of Batfamily characters, which already makes people complain about the show focusing on them when the show is called Titans, (people were actually upset about Red Hood coming in because of this reason). With this in mind, it would make sense as to why Bruce would need to take a step back from the show and let the Batfamily characters take their roles in the story. This could also be the reason why Alfred is already dead in the show, it’s takes away the want and expectation to see another Batfamily member in the show about the Titans.

I’m also really glad that they did a time skip of only a few months, and at this point to team has been around each other long enough to be a team. I know that they were trying to do a slow burn of the characters’ bond, but this also upset a lot of people. I know Titans has their problems, but sometimes we have to think of why things are and how they might be fixed later on.

5 Likes

Oh I understand the focus needs to be on the show’s subject matter: the Titans. It’s Bruce’s depiction in the show I don’t like, not the amount of time he’s getting.

4 Likes

Agreed. I feel like after watching the S1 finale and seeing Batman in action, I cannot picture this Bruce being in that suit in action. Maybe if they were to do a Batman Beyond live action adaptation, then maybe, but this has definitely changed up the timeline a bit in the show.

4 Likes

if they continue doing what they did in the last two seasons, it would make sense that we would have to wait. Especially since we haven’t seen Raven yet this season.

3 Likes

@V.Vroom mentioned that Alan is the lead in a new series, so this might of been the way they said goodbye to his character so he could film the new series, but we could be wrong tho

3 Likes

That idea doesn’t hold up given when Titans Season 3 was filmed.

Death also doesn’t mean anything in Superhero, Sci-Fi, or Fantasy television.

1 Like

I agree they needed something to push Dick to become his own hero, so they really played up the tension between Dick and Bruce. I agree with you tho entirely. No matter what Bruce did or how secretive he was, they always trusted his judgement and believed in him, and came together as a family in the end. The titans writers kind of ruin that completely so the show focuses on the team and not the batman

3 Likes

That’s what I’ve been saying! Ian Glenn is way to old to be an active Batman

2 Likes

I’ve been wondering about this since I first learned about Holly. Considering that they told the story of the original Dove before Dawn took on the mantle, I could see it.

2 Likes

Young Justice did a pretty good job of bringing a young team together while keeping the “big boys” off screen most of the time without making them unlikable. It’s just when I think of him… it’s Batman, you know? In the world of DC there’s a certain amount of awe that comes with that. They chose to bring him into this show, and I’m not feeling it. I mean… I don’t begrudge the Titans creative team of telling the story they want to tell. Like you said, dramatically it works in giving Dick & the others purpose in their transformations.

Enough of me rambling about Batman. I have a question. Is Dick’s identity as Nightwing public knowledge at this point? His conversations with Barbara, in full view of the GCPD, got me wondering.

4 Likes

I don’t think so. If Dick still has his Detroit P.D. badge on him then the G.C.P.D. might let it slide, or maybe they trust Babs enough to take her word for it to let him be involved. Both of these scenarios are off camera. I know as Nightwing he stays away from the publicity, so at least the public does not know, and he seemed a little taken aback when Crane revealed that he knew of him, which of course he had to brush of because you can’t panic in front of a villain. When he was specifically asked to be Nightwing by the suspect, they had to allow it in hopes of compliancy from her. If they P.D. connected the dots, they aren’t saying anything about it.

4 Likes

I remember their conversations, but didn’t catch this part. Gotta go back & rewatch it.

I don’t remember this either. Which suspect?

3 Likes