:00_teen_titans:Titans Final Season Discussion Thread:00_teen_titans:

Looks like we were all wrong about Gar and Rachel, they’re actually not a couple, their cuddling on the couch was platonic cuddling, LOL.

5 Likes

I must confess, I watch every single episode and afterwards I scream into a pillow. I watch it because Titans (comics) is a cool team with interweaving stories. I also like the cast. Great casting (EXCEPT Batman). And overall feel is cool.

But the show chooses to take it in directions I’m not fond of. They intensify emotions that don’t need to be. They really make Batman a wimp. Scarecrow as the big bad for a whole season with him taking over Wayne Manor? I know He is underrated overall because of his toxin skills but like… come on. Wayne legacy just gonna roll over?

I don’t need things to be exactly like the comics but was the following line for real?

Lex Luthor is the only one Batman is afraid/scared of??? LEX LUTHOR? He is the center of one of my favorites stories (Forever Evil) but I’ve always seen the JL find him as an annoyance they could deal with. Dangerous, intelligent, and evil. Okay. But I can’t imagine anyone from JL being scared of him. It made me think to that storyline where Lex made a speech only to be outdone by Bruce Wayne. Can’t remember if it was animated or in comics. The point is I can only justify it by Nightwing undermining Batman in the moment. :joy:

Okay that’s my rant. Of course I’m still going to watch. The Titans are cast so well. And DC is better than no DC.

6 Likes

Did anyone else think for a fraction of a second that the couple with the kid in the beginning of episode two was Roy, Jade and Lian? Turned out not to be the case but they sure looked like them

4 Likes

That didn’t come across my mind but I can see how they could be thought to be then at first. :thinking:

4 Likes

Yeah that felt strange.

But hey maybe in this universe he’s just done worse stuff (like taking more than 40 cakes. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:)

4 Likes

Roy Jade and Lian, I just got that!! I confused it for some reason for the Cullen twins, LOL. No, they would’ve made it a much bigger deal if they were.

4 Likes

Just watched episode 1 and I have a question.

Are DC heroes’ identities public in this show? Folks at STAR Labs were calling everyone by their first name and even made references to Batman and Superman as Bruce & Clark. I’m not up in arms about it, just want to understand. Maybe STAR is just implicitly trusted in this universe?

4 Likes

That’s what I think. With the world being so developed I think they’ve built that trust. Or at least only a few people there.

6 Likes

The Titans’ identities are public, except Grayson’s, I mean none of them wear masks! Hahaha! But in regards to STAR Labs it’s possible many, maybe not all heroes’ identities are public to the Labs.

6 Likes

E3

Great episode

Raven is powerless. And journeys with BB trough the red to he his destiny.

Tim trains with Con as Con gets antsy ti prove himself in what seems like an attempt to clear his name from what people may now think or revenge for Lex.

Blood manipulated with mayhem now with the Titans. Interesting :thinking:

Star in stone back at the donut dinner. We’re she learns of destiny too.

Dick with Jinx on a magical adventure. Cool stuff. This adaptation of jinx seems cool. Now working with the Titans. Doesn’t seem like that will go well.

Why is Blood wanted? What are these destinies? What’s next for our heroes? All this and more Same Titans Time Same Titans Channel

4 Likes

I think Rachel got way luckier in the family department than her big brother, poor Sebastian!!!

5 Likes

I found what I caught (which was barely one full episode and small bits and pieces of the rest of S1) was uninteresting and underwhelming, but I’ve never been a fan of the New TT era of the books and definitely not of TTG, the cartoon (which I mostly bring up for the composition of the team). It also just feels like it’s way too Batadjacent and just as a general rule, I try to avoid this - and this is from someone who binged all of the Batman - Brave and the Bold and enjoyed that immensely, even though it also was way too much Batgod.

I only saw the Conner episodes from S2, which just affirmed I had no interest in the rest of that season or anything else in S3, so I was very disappointed to see that Lex was just going to be turned into a Magic User and that they were adapting even more NTT stuff I wasn’t that interested in to begin with.

It’s a shame that you can no longer get good clip collections on You Tube as I would watch a good compilation of any Conner scenes and possibly a few other things, but the rest of this - sorry, nope.

6 Likes

I really liked Jinx and her chemistry with Nightwing.

5 Likes

Given how often Grayson does Titans stuff in plainclothes, it’s hard to imagine his identity isn’t public at this point, even if he doesn’t think it is.

6 Likes

Good point, haha!

5 Likes

I agree that Dick doesn’t really have a secret identity. Jinx knows that Bruce is Batman. I don’t understand why Connor couldn’t burn the zombies with his heat vision. Still enjoying the show, though.

5 Likes

Good point about Conner.

5 Likes

Sebastian is Rachel’s big brother, still crazy from having heard it in the “This Season On…” promo to having it finally confirmed in the episode.

I didn’t expect a Mother Mayhem origin episode.

Jinx still a fun character.

5 Likes

E4

Great episode

We learn Mayhem’s origins. Crazy stuff. But being Raven’s brother. Interesting :thinking:.

The Titans fight zombies. Crazy but cool. Deathstroke pops back up too zombied. Cool. The iPhone line got me :laughing:.

Now they have blood in a safe place. The think that snake Connor spit up is going to ruin it all.

I will say I got doom Patrol vibes from this episode :sweat_smile:.

Are the Titans safe? Can they defy destiny? Or will they be victim to it? All this and more Same Titans Time Same Titans Channel

2 Likes

Maybe he thought it wouldn’t work since Stars powers didn’t work.

3 Likes