Titans season 1 : Dick

Am I the only Dick Grayson fan that am inching my way through titans hoping it gets better? And am disappointed to be respectful of how Dick’s character is portrayed? He almost is acting like a Bruce Wayne light. Like atleast in my view, too angry a edgy. Dicks supposed to have a light hearted energy. Still havent watched season 2. So I kindly ask for no spoilers but at the end of season 1 I still feel like Dick hasn’t been done Justice.

3 Likes

I’ve only seen season 1 so far (plan to see 2, but haven’t gotten to it yet). Agree completely. Funny enough, I originally looked forward to Titans because of Dick but wound up liking just about everyone else more.

3 Likes

I’d say stick with it. Season two is when we see his arc really take shape.

2 Likes

Without spoiling anything specific, Season 2 is very similar to Season 1 unfortunately. It’s frustrating because I feel like the actors are doing a great job with the material they’re being given. The characters just aren’t being allowed to grow into better versions of themselves.

I don’t even mind angry Dick Grayson, it just feels like his anger isn’t getting him or his team anywhere most of the time.

2 Likes

@CynicalPink Same!

2 Likes

@superby1 I hope so :slight_smile: !

2 Likes

Hopefully we’ll have better luck in season 2. :+1: In the meanwhile, I’m trying to think of it as a sort of elseworld’s Dick

2 Likes

@DickGrayson123 @CynicalPink I gotta say, I think he had the better story in season two. They expand on what Dick was going through last season and he tries to come to terms with what happened with Bruce and what happened with Deathstroke. His arc was much stronger this season.

3 Likes

Glad to hear it!

2 Likes

I think it fits him for that period of his life. he was going through a phase. it was a part of him growing up in the comics, and Nightwing was the thing that saved him, and brought the light back to him. the edginess at this time only helps his transition into Nightwing.

2 Likes

Season 1 is so much better than season 2. But with Richard Grayson, I think they’re taking their time to develop the character. He is constantly changing and questioning his way of thinking and doing things. He is not even Nightwing yet. So perhaps by season 3 we will see be full Nightwing.

2 Likes