Titans S2 News But...

The studio’s don’t put out good movies anymore. Everything is a sequel or reboot. I already own every good movie from the last 30 years. I can remember when I use to look forward to every Tuesday so I could buy the latest greatest DVD, those days are behind us and have been for awhile.

I’ll probably just cancel Netflix to make room for HBO Max since HBO Max looks like it has more brands that I’m interested in. I guess we’ll have to wait and see the full line up though

Your going to cancel an app that outputs the most original content to pay more for one that doesn’t? It’s your money.

I just finished the second season of Mindhunters on Netflix, there literally is not a better TV show anywhere.

Only a few Netflix originals interest me. I’m not saying the others are bad, just that they don’t appeal to my subjective taste.

Besides, I don’t judge streaming services just for their original content. It’s the whole library of content they have that decides whether they’re worth it or not to me. Originals are just a part of that.

WB, even if they don’t always make the best decisions, owns a very diverse library of quality content and big brands that they could put on HBO Max. So HBO Max could be worth it. For me it depends on how much of their stuff they put on it. If they really commit to the service they can make it super worthwhile. However, there definitely a possibility that HBO Max will be lacking in content. And so I’ll wait to see their full line up, then make a decision.

I’m not make a definitive decision about what I’ll do, I’m just stating that there is a possibility that HBO Max could make me consider replacing Netflix for it. Like I said, we’ll have to wait and see.

1 Like

My most anticipated movie this year now since I have already seen and loved “Once upon a Time in Hollywood,” is “The Irishman.” That’s not a studio movie, that’s Netflix.

Now that every entity is taking back all their content for their own streaming service, it’s all about that original exclusive content. Netflix knows this obviously look at all their original exclusive shows.

But that’s just the problem. All the big studios are pulling their content, leaving Netflix with only their originals, and Netflix’s well of content can’t beat the volume and quality of WB’s or Disney’s well of content.

I’m not saying you shouldn’t enjoy Netflix, and I don’t think Disney+ and HBO Max will kill Netflix.

I dig it. I dont like Gatekeeping. Also HBO Max should have it like Disney+

HBO WB DC

I’m just saying that I think Disney+, Hulu, and HBO Max all have the potential of giving me more value for my money.

I can live without HBO Max. I canceled my HBONOW subscription after G.O.T. I can’t stand Bill Maher anymore. To each their own, I refuse to pay more for an app than I think it’s worth.

I would like to see this service continue and crank out more content. But the writing on the wall tells me HBO Max wants to swallow this app.

Purely my speculation

Well I feel like your right about that. A small, niche service like DC Universe probably doesn’t fit into WB/AT&T’s grandiose money making plans. Hopefully DC Universe gets to stay and all DC content will be on both HBO Max and DC Universe at the same time with non-DC shows/movies being HBO Max exclusive and comics being DC Universe exclusive.

1 Like

Also that thing about not paying more than you think something is worth is fair. That’s why I’m waiting to see HBO Max’s full library of content to see if it is worth it.

1 Like

I dig it. I dont like Gatekeeping. Also HBO Max should have a UI like Disney+

HBO WB DC

DC Universe shows being in HBO Max is nothing but a good thing. It means that WB has two avenues to make money from one product. Some people don’t care enough about DC stuff to subscribe to a stand-alone service but would check out DC content if it was on a service that includes other things they do care about. This means WB gets to make more money off DC Universe branded content by offering it to a wider market which is good news for DC fans because DC Universe content just became that much more valuable to WB’s portfolio. This is a good thing.

2 Likes

I disagree. I’m not paying $17 a month to watch a few shows I might like. We are going back to the days of cable where they subsidized a bunch of crap your not interested in. It won’t work in this economy. People cut the cord to save money.

HBO MAX is way late to the party. I really doubt that people are going to flock to that service to pay more for that than any other app. Time will tell.

They have got to have good content. What is their show that people are going to pay nearly $20 a month for?