titans s2 ep 6" Superboy" thoughts..

So I just saw the episode and I loved it! I’m so happy they included krypto! I have really wanted to see him in live action and I thought it was great! The ending though…HOW YALL GONNA DO THAT TO ME!!! :sob: when I saw superboy save Jason Todd I got so excited and happy eee but when I saw him get shot I was not ready…dudeeee but I’m pretty sure the rest of the titans are going to find a way to save him…maybe raven will save him with her healing becuase she has done that before in season 1. My final thoughts are the episode was amazing I also like him and eve interacting and it was all just amazing but my perfections for next episode are that the titans are going to find a way to save connor and I think raven will save him.

10 Likes

It seemed a bit typical. Although unlike a baby, he does have object permanence. As soon as they cut away to Connor being in SF, I knew he was gonna be the one to save Jason. It’ll either be Raven or Starfire (by focusing her power to create red sun level energy). Although Raven is the likely culprit. An interesting take in that he has memories based on the genome. Doesn’t make scientific sense, but it’s comics. An interesting twist.

Maybe they save him…

Ooooooor…

Surprise twist - When we voted “Save Jason”, Superboy did, but exposed himself and died in his place.

Lesson for the future - Let Jason die.

2 Likes

Probably the best episode in my book. The storyline needes to be explored further. In fact it should have its own series. Eva Watson should have been Carlin Fairchild.

2 Likes

Really liked this one! It had some great humor and a different take on Connor than I was used to. I thought it was very well written to lead us back to Jason falling and linked the stories well.

Gave us some nice hints as to Luthor and Connor’s past. Lots of twists without seeming contrived.

Cast and crew are to be commended, this was an awesome episode.

I loved the episode, I thought it was a great exploration of the character. I suspect he’s gonna be a mix of the Young Justice version and the comic version. I’m curious, was I the only one to notice the theme for the 90’s Superboy series playing throughout the episode? Sort of a subtle undertone.

1 Like

That episode was great! I don’t think anyone was ready for him to get shot but it was the same way for aqualad… except he’s most likely not coming back like conner will be. Conner will no doubt be back raven will save him most likely or dick might take him to the tower and surgically remove the bullets… who knows anything could happen in this show I’m excited to see what the future holds. #saveconnerandkrypto

3 Likes

I dug it. I called it that Superboy would save him if he ended up living. Now I figure Bruce may have something to do with saving Superboy, with the next episode being called Bruce Wayne and what not.

1 Like

I wish they had given him more Interactions with the Titans before getting shot. The ratio of back story: current time sucks. Yeah I know that back story is needed, but I just wish it hadn’t taken up most of the episode.

1 Like

This episode was very good! I think this is the best use of graphics and CGI we’ve seen. It was really fun seeing Superboy in action. And I really hope he’s not dead! Even though they made it seem like he was because he was shot by a Kryptonite bullet. But I don’t think that they would dedicate an entire backstory episode to him and then just kill him. And they did a lot more promotion for that actor than Aqualad.

If they do keep SB I’m excited to see what he adds to the team! He’ll definitely help the team feel less brooding. And poor Krypto! I hope they get the poor doggie back soon.

2 Likes

It’s so hard to wait week to week for the next episode. I need to watch the next one now.

1 Like

I really liked this episode. Lowkey would have been cool if Eve just took the mom role by the bull horns instead of resisting but I understand. It was nice to just conner all the development of his origins now rather than sprinkling it throughout the rest of the season. Also glad Conner saved Jason but also when is Kory going to fly. That was the perfect opportunity. #Justice4Krypto do the super good boi a favor and let join the titans. Im so upset he got snatched at the end

1 Like

Krypto being taken will give USA subplot of Cadmus. They’ll get him back, but it may take a few episodes.

2 Likes

I liked it. The Superboy tv show theme was awesome. I just wish they didn’t go with the Geoff Johns retcon origin. I always preferred the Paul Westfield one. Suprised with the ending. I would assume he would survive, but after they gave us a full Aqualad backstory and killed him off, who knows.

1 Like

I loved the episode and I thought they would reveal the fate of Jason in the next episode but that was a great surprise. If we voted to save Jason Todd for Superboy to die then I regret my votes.

1 Like

I simply loved this episode! Has to be one of my favorite episodes of the series. I loved the mixture of interpretations of Conner throughout the episode. The actor did a terrific job as Conner. Plus Krypto was amazing!! I loved the Luthor Farm action sequence. I can’t wait to see what is in store for Conner after he gets healed up.

2 Likes

I am another of those that would like to see more of Krypto.

Love dogs, even though I am more of a cat person now that I am getting older. But when I was young, I was very much a dog person.

I like this version of Superboy so far, even though I grew up reading an altogether different Superboy.

MACJR

3 Likes

I would love a mini series of just connor and krypto!

1 Like

Agreed