TITANS S2 Ep 13 Season Finale Reaction Thread - šŸšØWARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD! šŸšØ

To be fair, I think itā€™s just Titans dying in general that the writers canā€™t seem to do properly. Even less was said and done about Aqualad, who was really just added to the roster to establish a history with Slade and to make it personal for the team, Donna especially. Despite this, he is never brought up again by her even after Sladeā€™s defeat.

8 Likes

I feel like its just with the entire show not just donna like deathstrokeā€™s ā€œdeathā€ and aqualadā€™s. I agree though with female titans being mistreated and represented on screen

4 Likes

Ok there is so many baffling choices the writers and directors have made over the last 5 episodes my mind is dizzy just trying to list them all, but Iā€™m just going to stick to this episode.

Why was it just Donna and not WG & SB who caught the trestle? & didnā€™t she use her lasso, Where was Rose/ Jericho during the Superboy fight? or Raven un-brainwashing Garr?

Why knowing Ravenā€™s powers are growing wilder and weider and sheā€™s hinting at possibly resurrecting a deceased Donna in a graveyard full of dead Amazonā€™s did dick just let her leave without one of the others mainly Koary as the could use amazonaion science to diagnose and fix her powers.

How the hell is slade dead from a stab through the stomach & maybe kidney when his & roseā€™s healing factors are shone them recovering from much worse .

And being as this is a team show they really need some Directors and Cinematographers who know how to film, arrange & showcase Team battle tactics, formations, and actions sequences because Iā€™ve seen better in early 00ā€™s CW shows and even the syndicated action shows at the time

9 Likes

Someone needs to teach the writers how to write a finale, because weā€™re now 2 seasons in and both have ended badly. Season 2 has been great, and then they go off and kill Deathstroke in 10 minutes and needlessly kill Donna in the worst way possible. I just dont get itā€¦

24 Likes

They definitely need better writers lol

10 Likes

There were horrible episodes this season, but there were great episodes too. While I did enjoy this season more than the first, which I hated, it did ultimately feel like a mixed bag.

11 Likes

I sort of liked the Episode? I donā€™t think Donna is dead- Iā€™m frustrated, because i donā€™t love the Hawk/Dove dynamic going on. The writing isnā€™t strong enough to justify why they keep doing this together/apart thing, it just feel like plot, instead of an actual character relationship.
I wanted more with Rose too. I mean, now that Jericho is there with her too, her relationship with the team has to change. And we donā€™t actually know much about the siblingsā€™ relationship to start.
But Nightwing!! Iā€™m biased, because heā€™s my favorite, but I was so excited to see him. I think thereā€™s a lot of potential for the character, and since we barely touched him this episode, next season has hope.
All in all, I thought this was stronger than last season. Itā€™s still not where it could be, but weā€™re making some steps in the right direction. Iā€™m excited to see a Blackfire storyline. But mostly I think actually keeping the Tittans together and working together will help the story so much. Hopefully thatā€™s the plan for next season.

8 Likes

:thinking:

• Why didnā€™t Rachel immediately use her healing powers on Donna?
  • Why didnā€™t someone stronger - like Conner - Save the people from the falling tower?
  • There were for 4 Titan women in the car, it only took a moment to heal Kori, so why didnā€™t they all get out of the car to help Dick fight Deathstroke?
  • I absolutely loathe that the series ended with a mother abandoning her kids in a car. I know that was Blackfire, but still, it stings to see that situation. Was there no other way to write Blackfireā€™s entrance?

The fight scene with Deathstroke was excellent and it made me sad that we didnā€™t get to see a lot more of villain vs. hero fight scenes this season.

Poor Beast Boy.

This season was a mixed bag for me. I absolutely loved the Conner episode. It was one of my favorite episodes of all DC TV. Every episode had things I liked, but overall, I want to see a faster pace and more cohesive team.

24 Likes

Agreed that connor episode for me was the best one too

10 Likes

Conner was a great addition, but for me Jericho was probably the best character/plot of this season. My favorite episodes were those from the flashbacks that showed how he joined the team and how Deathstroke and the Titans came into conflict.

5 Likes

The season was still messy but it greatly improved from sesson 1ā€¦i enjoyed most of the season but the writers really dropped the ball hard on the final 3 episodes imo

1 Like

DCU has been a complete letdown and this was my final straw. The comics are cool, but not even current, and the OC has been trash Titans S2 was entirely a letdown. Trigon was a complete and total letdown with no depth. Ended so abruptly I had to rewatch just to realize we were already done with Trigon. Then it turned into a weird mashup of teen drama amongst full adults and power rangers level combat. Why is everyone taking turns fighting 1 to 1. Isnā€™t the whole point of a team toā€¦team up? How do you go from Dick maiming a crowd of thugs in S1E1 to this corny bulls***? Did Donna even save anyone when she died? She waited so long (for dramatic effect) and caught it so low that everyone was already out of the way. Nobody gives a crap about secret identities, so why do masks ever?pick a lane with some of these decisions! The cinematography and production is obviously high budget, but the choreography is not, and this storyline is trash. It becomes distracting how much better this show looks comparedbto how bad the show actually plays out. I cancelled my renewal in the middle of the episode because I was fed up. Even Young Justice was trash. The originals never made me feel embarrassed for watching a kids show because it was compelling and interesting. Thatā€™s no longer the case.spent way too much time talking about how important social media is. I donā€™t think they realized that DCU only even exists because all of the fans of a few properties were still loyal despite having grown up. We were looking for something more mature, not less. S2 is garbage, DCU has been garbage and Iā€™m sorry I paid for it

8 Likes

I thought her death would be fake too, but then they showed the casket. Maybe some magic on themyscira will bring her back? My problem with Donna is that she was treated so poorly this season. The last time we saw her in a real fight Deathstroke beat her half to death and now she was killed by some electricity! Really?!

6 Likes

The Jericho was amazing! - And so was Krypto! Thatā€™s the thing, for me, itā€™s a mixed bag. I loved a lot in the series, but I want to see more of a cohesive team of superhero fighting together.

8 Likes

Because ether they couldnā€™t afford to pace it out and shot it properly or they just donā€™t know how to shot a action scene with more then 3 people in an action show based around a team of superheroes

This episode was a huge letdown. They need to come with better writers and cinematographers for season 3 like on the same level as HBO please!

6 Likes

Just move the show to HBO max lol and weā€™ll see the huge difference in writing and pacingā€¦man i hopeā€‹:crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

I really hope next season they have one central plot. this season was stretched too thin with the Deathstroke plot, the Cadmus plot showing up to late because of the deathstroke flashbacks, and basically sweeping anything Trigon under the rug.

Still loving the series though and look forward to season 3.

At this rate though Iā€™ll probably cancel my subscription during the gap between Harley Quinn and Doom Patrol season 2.

4 Likes

I also think that since my first exposure personally to Donna Troy was in the Blackest Night Arc, her death doesnā€™t hit me as hard because Iā€™ve seen Donna dealing with reanimation. Obviously, without Terry and the baby, and the green Lanterns, a Blackest Night adaptation isnā€™t in the cards, but like with the hint of Judas contract this season with Rose instead of Terra, it can be utilized. I wonder if weā€™ll see something like that. I mean, Drew Van Acker got a solid bit of billing for his Aqualad role, and that was a whole ten minutes. Iā€™m wondering if weā€™ll be seeing more death to play off the ideas of reanimated and the consequences.

At the same time, Iā€™m pretty sure the writersā€™ havenā€™t thought that far ahead.

3 Likes

I donā€™t like bagging on an episode or show as I fell it would be seen as trollish but next year they really need to hire some martial arts action directors/ choreographers (kung-fu/ gun-fu) from China and or (super sentai / kamen rider) from Japan. cause that Toronto crew their using seem straight out of film school

2 Likes