Titans S1 E7

I gotta say this was definitely the most graphic episode so far. And I think that’s cool… Thoughts?!?

PS. I really love how this show is unfolding. it’s cool to see that Rachel is kind of the heart to this seasons story line. But even at that, shes whay truly brought the titans together. This was I guess the first episode, where you see them all in such vulnerable situations in the Asylum, but were able to work as a team to save each other and break out. Definitely best episode so far. Cant wait for next week :grin:

3 Likes

I loved 6 and 7!!
Loved them.
But this was right back to the slooooooooooooooow style of the first episodes.
Come on guys keep the pace going.

2 Likes

I thought it was okay; it does show that Gar, Rachael (while she’s “in control”) and now Dick (explicitly) are willing to kill. Were there other “patients” in that facility? I’m not sure how I feel about a bunch of “killing-is-okay” Titans.

Also, why are we seeing Dick’s actual Robin costume at the end? Did he bring it with him? He was in civvies the whole episode (except in his mind).

Finally, does any Titan, with the exception of Dick, ever change their clothing?

2 Likes

I’m cool with slow pace episodes as much as fast pace action packed ones

1 Like

The more I watch Titans, the more I realize that this isn’t the show I was looking for. Preacher is violent and I love Preacher, but Preacher is written in a way that can make good entertainment out of the violence. It is witty and smart.

Titans is just tasteless and raw to me. This last episode episode was not entertaining to me at all. It was just an ode to senseless violence. It felt like the kind of crap that they forced Alex to watch as aversion therapy in “A clockwork orange”.

2 Likes

I’m with Coville. I swear I might’ve woken up my neighbors tonight at the number of times I yelled “Stupid!” at these Titans’ decisions over and over during this episode. I feel like this series should be called “Reckless” instead. For context, I’m in my 50’s and I picked DC Comics Presents #26 when it first came out. I was a loyal reader of The New Teen Titans for a number of years before college got in the way. LOL But some of the decision making here by all of the leads is faulty and reckless. I fault the fact that the series started out with such a grounded tone. The last couple of episodes felt like The Flash or Arrow, soap opera-y choices rather than earning their heroics. But Ir ead the praise in the posts before mine, so to each his own. I will stick it out through the final four episodes, mainly out of curiosity for how the series ends. I’m really hoping I enjoyed season two more, or at least, I’ll have had my mindset re-adjusted to the kind of show this is turning out to be rather than the kind of show I was hoping for, which was not as gratuitously violent and nonsensical as it’s turned out to be from my perspective.

2 Likes

This episode for sure was the weakest, i liked the whole young grayson calling himself out on his shit trying to blame bruce and zucco for his darkness. I do hate how killing friendly the Titans are tho.

3 Likes

They were all put in a position where it was give up or go home. Asylum tried to break them & they all fought back & in doing so formed an unbreakable bond. Loved how Raven finally sported the hoodie look u could almost see her character in full costume, they had that hoodie creased perfectly & shot the side angles beautifully.

4 Likes

Best show on tv!!

1 Like

Least favorite episode. They set a great tone in previous episodes, showing that while it’s more gritty than the source material it isn’t changing everything. This episode however has the titans kill when not needed. It brought back the feelings of worry I had when the trailer dropped and we all thought Robin was killing. I sure hope we get more episodes like 5 and 6, less like 7. One can only hope.

1 Like

Tune in next week and find out. I have a feeling that episode will go back to that tone

1 Like

Where do I start. This series is why I signed up for this streaming service and it’s why I will not renew.
Beast boy killed someone this episode.
Beast boy

Nuff said

Bye nuff said

I love how they have embraced the darkness to give us a different take on these classic characters. The ending fight scene might have been the most brutal of the entire series and its right up there with the warehouse scene in Batman vs Superman in terms of sheer brutality. I can’t wait to meet Donna in the next episode.

2 Likes

Question where the heck did the robin suit come from at the end

1 Like

Eclipse

That was him accepting that he was Robin, cuz he’d been trying to convince himself he was done with that part of his life. Director was visually showing that he’d finally accepted his past, present & future.

2 Likes

Unm Beast Boy has mauled people before guys lmao do you think mauling someone is pretty in real life? This episode showed even those who are labeled heroes have breaking points…

One bad day guys, DC has taught us nothing else it has taught us it takes one bad day

3 Likes

I thought it was cool that they had Angela Roth (Arella) listed under the name Angela Azarath this episode too. Love the nods or semi-easter eggs to dc fans they sneak in there.

2 Likes