Titans Poor episode

Titans new episode

This week’s episode of Titans was just simply poor. It was almost incomprehensible, unrealistic, and at best poorly edited. Maybe this is going to set something up in the future, but from what I saw it was just not good at all

Oh ok

The story was good, but the continual darkness (actual lightness, not violence factor) made it difficult to watch. It was almost to the point that I wanted to send someone a check so they could pay the light bill. (Lol)

3 Likes

Don’t exgerate that much. Yeah it was dark but still visible enough. I saw everything fine

Titans is one of not the best comic book show out there right now.

1 Like

I have to agree with you. Towards the end of the episode when they were going around rescuing each member of the team and they face little to no resistance it was extremely unrealistic.

3 Likes

I’m generally a fan of the show (Last week’s episode was really cool), but this episode was very, very frustrating.
I might be nitpicking but there were too many nonsensical actions, reactions and questions.

Why would Dick and Kory allow Rachel to speak with Dr. Adamson alone? All he said was he would talk to her only, not only if left alone.
Why would she close the door?
Why she not call for help after he slit his throat?
Why did Dr. Adamson all of a sudden start spilling beans to Dick and Kory after saying he would tell them nothing?
Why did Rachel feel she needed to go to the facility without the Dick and Kory? He said they would need to recon first, not that they weren’t going to go.
Why did the guards have guns early in the episode, but none in the final fight?
How did the scientists know Gar had a different form?
How did Dr. Adamson escape the safe house? Assuming he was re-handcuffed and a Bruce Wayne safe house is most likely impregnable.
Where were ALL the security during the entire Rachel escape sequence? They knew they had her mother, no one thought to look or head there first?
Why would Kory use up all her power in a completely uncharacteristically out of control tantrum? How did they know the gas would work on her alien physiology?
Why intubate her, but not keep her sedated?
I know her mother was a prisoner there for a long time. But seriously, how could she have know the geography, practices and procedures of the place that well as a prisoner?
Why did Dick have to fight all the guards (who conveniently all showed up at the end, sans firearms)?
Did Dick bring the Robin costume with him?

2 Likes

Dick and Korry already know what Rachel can do. Adamson was powerless and the only worry would have been for his safety. Before Doctor Adanson slit his throat., he did ask Rachel to come and save him. Her reaction once he did it was to grab his throat. It is not out of the ordinary to think that she wouldn’t try to do that because at least 2 times prior, she had touched wounded or sick subject and at least it calmed them. If not, healed them.

1 Like

Like other posters here, I felt this episode was lacking. Too many plot holes, which were enumerated by an earlier poster. The lack of guards during Rachel’s escape was way too much. Initially, I thought they were letting her escape as a false way of bringing her under control. But, no. The organization really was that incompetent…which they had not previously been shown to be. Hopefully, next episode explains away some of these seeming inconsistencies. We’ll see.

1 Like

Last episode was way too dark, Just give Robin a machine gun at this point… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

No. Too much hate for a great show. I truly thought this site would be the one place I wouldn’t have to hear how every DC show is lacking. Man was I wrong, can’t even find love for DC on an all things DC site.

2 Likes

The drama and exaggeration was amusing at first but now there’s new threads multiple times a day, every day and especially full force after each new episode.

I stopped being a fan of the Arrowverse but you don’t see me in every single related thread every day bitching about how I hate Oliver’s characterization

1 Like

I don’t hate the show. I’m, in fact, a fan. But bad writing is bad writing. I truly hope it gets better. And I hope Dick gets slightly happier now that he’s dropped the Robin persona. I hope Nightwing makes a quick appearance. Only 4 episodes left. And to he clear I paid a year of this service 90% just for the movies and TV shows, so so hope for the best.

2 Likes

I’ve been defending a lot but to be clear, I find this the weakest episode so far. It’s just that of you are making it seem that it’s all over and have to hope for it to get better.

The preview for next episodeb already seems different than this one

TX85

I know, I skipped over multiple threads saying how this Titans episode was too dark & how people we’re canceling b/c the shows no good & I didn’t bite once. I totally agree, I don’t even open threads that I know I’m gonna disagree with just to disagree. Everybody is entitled to their opinion & there’s threads for people who agree to like or dislike whatever they want. I just came across so many saying how awful it is & against my better judgement I lashed out. It’s unfair that I picked only this thread to do it, but it just happened to be the 5th or 6th one in a row & I’d resisted the temptation on all of them. I wish I didn’t. I just couldn’t help myself, I broke my own golden rule of opening a thread I knew I was opposed too.

1 Like

Yeah same for me. I usually ignore the haters and simply post my opinions on the episode or show and sometimes address someone’s complaints once or twice but I snapped after seeing all the posts and threads since friday about Titans.

I apologise as well and it’s fair enough to dislike the show as well but sometimes it’s like damn and just beating a dead horse.

Most of these complaints were made since week 1 and could have stopped there as some people moved on.

This is also my least favorite episode but the way some people make it seem like it’s the end and the show will be like this from now on got on my nerves. “I hope it gets better”, you don’t have to hope and just watch the preview for next week’s episode and watch it as its only 40 minutes.

The season is almost over and so might as well just finish it

1 Like

I found the episode to be okay. It did have a lot of plot holes. The most glaring were the efficient guards that managed to capture the entire team rather quickly then turned out to be rather ineffective. I also wondered if more people had been kept prisoners like Raven’s mom was. They just blew up the entire facility and it was a huge place. It didn’t seem like they made nay effort to get anyone else out that might have been there against their will.

2 Likes

I don’t mind the show having a darker tone as long as it tells good stories and stays true to the core of the characters I enjoy. Last episode it didn’t really do either in my eyes. Starfire burns people alive at the drop of a hat. Gar up until this last episode was a perfect example of a character adaptation done right. Then he decides to eat a dude. Raven, well she needs a better offensive weapon than projectile vomiting. The final straw was my man Richard Grayson deciding to kill a building full of people in cold blood. I thought he left Batman because he thought his methods were too brutal? At this rate the only way Red Hood will be able to out edge lord Nightwing is to starting eating live kittens.

1 Like

Beast Boy need seem to want to cross that line again. Building wasn’t full