Titans...one episode at a time?

How do you feel about Titans being released one…episode…at…a…time?

I’m just curious to know how DCU will handle the Netflix crossover when Titans goes to Netflix for DC fans overseas. I dont think Netflix will allow it one episode at a time.

1 Like

I’m fine with it

It’s not a big deal to me. A lot of the shows that drop on Netflix as whole seasons have already aired somewhere else first. I tend to think you are going to see less and less of the whole season thing as more streaming competition enters the market. These services have to do something to keep you subscribed and spreading the series out over months is one way to do that. If you want to watch the whole thing in one go you’ll just have to wait till the whole thing airs.

1 Like

Cool with it

Im fine with it. Otherwise there would be no point to this app and DC couldve just given it all to Netflix. Most people would have binged the whole show than cancelled their subscriptions

3 Likes

I’m cool with it. It’ll be released one episode at a time on Netflix, too, I’m sure. That’s what they did with Star Trek Discovery. I actually think it gives you more time to process each episode versus just binging it all in one go.

1 Like

I like the once a week drop. Something to look forward to and it’s great for the community on here as it keeps discussion and anticipation open for an extended period of time. It also gives the people who work on the show more time to get things right and I think that really helps on the production quality side of things.

3 Likes

I kind of prefer it. Binging is too tempting and I really shouldn’t be doing it with how busy my life is and how many other things I like to dabble in (comics, books, video games)

3 Likes

Personally I prefer it over having the season drop all at once. I’ve been following Voltron on Netflix and I’m not at all happy with the way they’ve opted to handle “seasons”, with it. I would have much preferred them to drop all the episodes once week over this six episodes a season twice a year nonsense. Glad DC Universe isn’t doing something like that with their original series. (I’ve no idea how Netflix runs their other original series since I’ve only watched Voltron.)

There’s two sides to binging a show. On one hand, you’re able to consume a show you really love at your pace, you don’t have to take an extended break between episodes, you can build up tension and hype to an absolute fever pitch over a 12-24 hour period. On the other hand, after you’ve finished the show in 1-2 days…that’s it, it’s over. I binged the Last Kingdom on Netflix last year and when I realized I had to wait a full year for the next season, I was so depressed. It’s what they call, “entering a show-hole”. You finish a show and now there’s a void because you can’t consume anymore of it.

There’s also two sides to waiting week to week. On one hand, you get something to look forward to every week, you build hype over 7 days, and get to dissect and discuss it with others…but you have to wait a WEEK for the next episode.

I prefer either or I guess. They both have their benefits, I just recognize the week-to-week format as smart business decision for this service.

4 Likes

Fr though

1 Like