Titans "Jericho" SPOILERS!

Just finished the episode. WOW! I’ve loved Titans since the beginning but admittedly some of the episode have been hit or miss. This episode, however, may have been the best in the entire series so far. I was completely surprised when Jericho used his power for the first time as I thought they might keep him a bit more grounded in reality and not give him a power at all. I also love that we now know exactly why the Titans split up since we’ve been hearing about it for two seasons. I also share everyone’s feelings when I say I hope Jericho isn’t really dead!

11 Likes

I also really liked the episode and I think one of the reasons why Dick and Donna did so poorly is too show how good of a fighter Deathstroke is in comparison. For example, in the Identity Crises storyline Slade takes down many powerful Leaguers because of his intelligence and physical prowess so I think having Dick and Donna lose their respective battles so badly was a way to show people, who might not be super familiar with Slade as a character, just how deadly he can be.

9 Likes

Manu Bennett played a good villain, but Esai Morales plays a better Deathstroke. By all that is holy that was good!! And I loved the portrayal of Jericho in this, it was a short but sweet breath of fresh air of his innocence, compassion and his value of friendship. And those fight scenes of both Donna and Dick against Deathstroke were just out right brutal!

7 Likes

He didn’t mean too, Jericho got in Deathstrokes way before he could deliver the killing blow to Robin.

2 Likes

Maybe he escaped into his fathers body and thats why robin is still alive … just a theory. But wow what an episode!!!

1 Like

I love this version of Deathstroke is bananas! Esai Manuel Morales Jr. Is killing this in this role. Given Deathstroke some sympathy for his family grounds him in a way that makes him a lot more complex.

2 Likes

This episode really helped me understand why things are so tense between the old Titans members and why Deathstroke wants to kill them. I wasn’t expecting an entire episode dedicated to a flashback but I really appreciated it. Now I wonder if Jericho somehow transferred his conscience to Deathstroke and then Jason which would explain why he’s acting so weird at the end of the last ep.

2 Likes

The fights were so crazy!! It really emphasized Deathstroke as the viable threat that he is.

4 Likes

It was very smart move indeed to make Deathstroke the threat to muta human that he is supposed to be. And not some throw away villian. But the actor who played him stole the show.

6 Likes

What I love must about this episode is the themes that are used in this episode. Lies, revenge, honesty, love, family, and most of all consequences. So much themes in one episode. Chella Mans performances as Jericho was awesome he nailed it. Also kinda felt like Deathstroke & Jericho relationship was similar to Batman and Nightwing.

My review of the episode: https://youtu.be/flVTcOPKGfQ

2 Likes

This is probably my favorite episode of the series thus far. (Although I think I say that most weeks) Still wish it could have been Grant who died, Jericho was too pure! Can’t wait to see how the rest of the team reacts, especially Rose. I smell a second disbandment coming…

2 Likes

Can someone please break it down for me… I’m a little confused? so why did Deathstroke kill his son without reasonable cause and decide to blame the Titans?!

1 Like

You and me both, on all accounts minus the sandwich!

1 Like

Great episode! I can’t wait to find out:

• Why he wanted the Amazon Jillian dead? (And how he managed to kill 3 other Amazons!)
  • Where Jericho went (didn’t show him actually dying, right?)
  • Why the Titans broke up when it should’ve been more important for them to band together.

Love Wonder Girl/ Donna Troy! Wish they could’ve shown her using her bracelets in battle more. The lasso fight was pretty bad-ass too though! I understand why she had to lose, but - she was trained by Amazons. That fight could’ve gone on longer!

6 Likes

Omg this makes so much sense +1

1 Like

Okay so why did Deathstroke kill Jericho? It didn’t look like Jericho was controlling him because they didn’t show the transfer. Was it because he was estranged from Jericho? Maybe the inability to get teenagers is Slade’s one true weakness. Look at Rose. Surely, it wasn’t in self-defense to protect himself from being possessed… I really wish one of the writers would jump on the forum and explain everything. I suppose they will reveal it gradually.

Anyway, I loved this episode and I loved Chella Mann as Jericho. It’s true that Jericho isn’t necessarily dead because can body hop, but I’d like to see this actor get to be Jericho again.

By the way, I’m still not buying Slade missing Donna’s friend. He wouldn’t have necessarily have known Aqualad would be there, but he could have hit her friend without hitting Aqualad.

In the books, Slade had an older son who was also working for HIVE against the Titans. This was before they met Jericho. The kid was a hothead and got himself killed, so Slade already had bad feelings about the Titans. If for some reason they do add this to the narrative, I am soooo sorry for spoiling anything.

By the way, Slade did kill Jericho in the books, but his reasoning was much more clearly defined.

2 Likes

Donna actually did held her own for the most part. I’d say Slade won because he had weapons to spare.

1 Like

Slade didn’t mean to kill Jericho, his son jumped in front of the blade. Slade didn’t miss Jillian either. Garth jumped in between her and the bullet.

7 Likes

this episode was great ! I really like how they built Jericho’s character, and Deathstroke is working really well as a major antagonist here. My only gripe so far is that I think the characters are being way too harsh on Dick. He failed but they all act like he is the reason Jericho was murdered. No, Jericho was murdered by Deathstroke, that’s the bottom line. Leaving and glaring at poor Dick like that, man it is cruel.

3 Likes

It certainly was the best titans episode so far. It was nice to see Duck call Dawn out for her “be Batman”. That hit her hard because it is so true.

Duck is having survivor anxiety. His relationship with Jericho could have resolved itself better buy jyy it at announcing he was there because Deathstroke nearly killed Donna and tellingasking Jericho to leave because he and Duck were gonna throw down.

I also think it would have been more interesting to have had the grenade kill Jericho. Hoping Jericho makes a reappearance.