Titans, is it just me...?

I’ve been watching the Titans since day one and I’m really liking it but a few things are sticking out for me like:

It’s really the Dick Greyson show isn’t it?
Even though they casted a grown man to play BB he still acts like he’s 13 and it’s starting to get to me.
No one in the world can get undressed or dressed as fast as BB does lol
There really isn’t a team, is there. They all act as individuals. I understand they have to work towards it but the “want” to be a part of something greater or a “need” to be part of a family unit isn’t there.
BB only changing into one animal (a tiger) doesn’t bother me, but what an odd choice. It’s not like he’d see one outside. Maybe he went to the zoo?
I also wish Raven’s abilities looked like they do in comics a little bit. They almost look like hordes of insects instead of shadows shaped like ravens. Although I’m digging the eye thing she does, very cool.

It’s just my two cents
Stay sweaty,
Peace

Beast Boy is 15 or 16 on the show. He and Rachel are teens while Dick and Kory are early 20’s

1 Like

Pretty sure Dick is like 30… I feel like when in one of the episodes, there was a flashback and it said “15 years ago”… it had to have been one of the earlier episodes in the season… anyway it was when he found out his parents were murdered… and I think the social worker was like “you’re 15 years old… give Bruce a chance, his parents were murdered too…” something like that…
Point blank I think hes more in his late twenties early 30s… I could be wrong tho

2 Likes

Not 20’s at most

I meant mid 20’s

1 Like

Its episode 3, I researched it. If he was in his early 20s, but the flashback from 15 years ago, would make him like 5 years or 6 years old in age… He was clearly a teen in the flashback scene. It’s cool hom. Hence why I said late 20s early 30s.

2 Likes

I love it so far. I was very sceptical when they released the trailer originally. I though it was gonna be terrible. It looked really bad. But it’s been great for me. The whole beast boy only turning into a tiger is a bummer but I’m sure it has to do with him still discovering his powers or something(and probably budgeting reasons too). And yes the display of Raven’s powers is pretty bad. It looks like she’s vomiting black floating puke. It looks mad corny. I’d much rather some light/shadow manipulations with maybe some weird mystical symbols or something floating around her. But again its probably a budget restraint. Maybe they can fix it for the next season.

2 Likes

I really hope s2 trailers get a new team behind them

1 Like

I have seen many things wrong with Titans, but it’s very entertaining, in my opinion. I wish they would get rid of that hideous thing Kory wears.
I have to say Jason Todd cracks me up, and the actor does an excellent job of portraying him. Anyone else think so as well?

2 Likes

To be fair on the Raven thing. If they did the full wings spread when she releases her soul-self. People would be complaining about how cheesy it looked, cuz it would literally look like they casted a wings shaped shadow behind her. Beast Boy (as @TX85 said) is just learning his powers. Although, I’ll give u that they did show him living with the doom patrol, so if that’s the timeline he’s definitely used those powers before. They did show him act shocked in the Blockbuster scene when he morphed like he hadn’t done it b4, so juries still out on where his characters timeline is at in this particular show. Grayson didn’t want anything to do with any of this. He was trying to go straight & escape Batman’s shadow, when all these characters were thrust upon him while doing his job as an officer. So he gets a break for me.

1 Like

@djd187.81432 that’s kind of how I see it as well, but at the same time, we don’t see Dick saying, “uh, hey…guys, you know, I have this day job and I really ought to get back to it, or at least, I had a day job…” Its like the writers have forgotten Dick has a regular job like a regular guy. We have to have had at least a week pass since Ep 1, with only two phone check-ins with his day job, and no appearances. Either his butt is getting fired, or the writers forgot to tell us he’s somehow managed to get a bunch of time off on really short notice, or he has more leeway to just wander off than any police department is likely to give a detective.

1 Like

christopher.holzman.2180

Thumbs up from me. Good point I didn’t think of that cuz I was to invested in this show. Minka Kelly has a way with making me forget the plot holes. I’ll take her over unexplained Robin missing work anytime tho. Great catch tho.