Titans Is Bad

We liked Titans S1

2 Likes

There was enough that I liked about Titans season 1 to where I didn’t hate it but yeah, it could have been much better. Doom Patrol blows it away.

I feel like they did a better job of getting us to like Hawk and Dove, Donna and the Doom Patrol than they did any of the actual Titans.

1 Like

With Titans, I love it. It was dark, edgy, and a bit weird in a good way. However, the focus is on Dick a lot which I understand, but I wished we got more of the other characters besides Raven. I get that that the show is a transition for Dick to become Nightwing and Rachael accepting her powers.
I honestly wanted more fire power and flying from Kory and something other than a tiger from Gar.

I love DP for their character stories. I’ve grown to love each of them. But I did notice a bit of stalling throughout the episodes at one point or another.

I am excited for Swamp Thing and Star girl! Give me some more magical beings!

Overall, DC did a great start.

2 Likes

I love the slow build to Nightwing.

2 Likes

titans was disappointing. the dialogue was terribly clunky and the pacing was crap. i can’t get over how they wasted entire eps on hawk/dove’s backstory (the two of them were simultaneously dreaming their lives in chronological order? really?) and dick’s dream sequence (far too much unnecessary detail for a world that does not actually exist). also brendon thwaites is the worst actor of the group, despite being the lead. anna diop is fabulous but kori’s character development is a mess. and there’s zero explanation for styling her like whoopi goldberg in sister act when she was a vegas showgirl. that said, gar, jason, and especially donna were wonderful and i loved them with no reservation. i will watch season 2 but i’ll be annoyed for most of it lol.

5 Likes

Well to be fair it felt for me like an “Inroduction” season. I bet they will improve a lot lf things in season 2. I know that Titans has the same writters and directors (could be wrong) so i have high hopes. Titans was for me a good show.

3 Likes

I liked Titans season 1. Yes, it was not my perfect version but overall I enjoyed it. It does feel like the Titans are a bit out of character, especially with Dick being so violent.

I’m basically watching Doom Patrol because I’m a fan of Matt Bomer! I had no expectations going into it because I wasn’t that familiar with the characters. It is interesting but a little on the weird side for my personal taste. I am watching the latest episode right now. The one problem I have with it is that I think they have gone overboard with the bad language.

I liked it alot. It isnt without its problems, but none of them seem to be the things half of these complaints are about. All the complaints seem to be from direct comparison to a different version of these characters, but that isnt really judging something on its merits.
For example, the language. People say “this show sucks, the Titans dont swear” or “why are they so violent, wont somebody PLEASE think of the children”, but shouldnt they also speak in a exposition and narrative dialogue by extension? They did in the comics, not because it was good but out of necessity. 15-25 pages of mostly art kind of forced the writer’s hand.
You guys are all worried about language on a show that kind of revolves around child endangerment laws being completely unenforced.

4 Likes

Whew, where to start?

I cannot stand Beastboy’s power limitation. He is a good cast and plays the part well but that skin complexion NEEDS to be green.

Raven, well not digging to too young approach. Raven that I read acted older, very cold and emotionless with a great grip on her powers so long as she did not give in to daddy. Magical incantations and techniques learned from being raised in another dimension all gone. She wasn’t emo. Goth maybe but in short this take is all wrong.

Starfire… I think I saw her on the corner of 5th and Broadway.

Dick, well the unnecessary love triangle with Hawk and Dove just rubs me wrong for his character.

On the subject of Hawk and Dove, just vigilantes? Where the heck are their powers?! Another casting I really like the both of them play on each other great but are just lacking that SUPER edge.

Jason Todd, that was flawless. The best that they have to offer in the whole show.

Trigon, look this world DESTROYING demon king has no right belittling himself by coming out of that door a human. He should have emerged 20 to 30 feet tall 6 eyed with horns like frikkin trees bringing Hellfire and death! His appearance was the biggest disappointment.

Plot, poorly executed I am here for The Doom Patrol, Krypton and a sliver of hope Constantine draws enough love for a 2nd season.

2 Likes

I dunno if its bad… but part of me doesn’t care. The stuff I WANTED them to get right… they didn’t. I’m a big fan of comic Titans, especially the Wolfman/Perez team, and this… wasn’t it chief. I didn’t watch Titans for Batman easter eggs and Dick leaving the team constantly to hang out with anyone who isn’t the Titans. I wanted the team itself. Not flashback episodes to non-team members, an elseworlds where Batman kills the Joker.

Ryan Potter as Beast Boy… that I liked though. Though I kinda want him back on Doom Patrol, which is actually a good show that focuses on the Doom Patrol whereas Titans avoids the team at all costs.

Go away troll

Just a quick reminder, as per the Forum Guidelines, to please be civil and kind towards each other when posting, regardless of differing opinions. Thank you in advance for abiding by said rules, which, if needed, can be accessed here: https://yourdcu.com/cmg

I’m pretty sure the problem with Titans is the series was rushed, everything in its production feels pretty rushed to me but I enjoyed the story and I’m really excited for season 2. I don’t think season 2 is going to have any of the issues that season 1 had, I think the quality of season 2 will be closer to Doom Patrol.

I liked Titans…

mayonnaise_instrument_t.jpg

3 Likes

Thread: Portalman shouldn’t you be in another thread?

Me: Not until 4:00.

I watched the hate videos on Youtube before I saw the show and I was pleasantly surprised that I actually liked the show. I mean, Starfire is hot but she was little exploitative but consider it still would have been just as exploitative had they gone with the original concept. The minor issue I had with the show was that it was pretty much Dick Grayson and the Titans instead it being more team oriented. That said I kinda hoped that Hawk and Dove were powered but I mostly got over the details and enjoyed the series for what it was trying to do.

Hopefully, they listen to the positive constructive feedback and next seasons they’ll level it out somewhat.

3 Likes

I thought the first season of Titans was good while it lasted, but the ending was weak. Hopefully season 2 will begin with the lost episode and continue from there, but we’ll just have to wait and see.

Honestly, I don’t like it. Mainly because of there use of Robin. Dick Grayson is nowhere near that violent from what I have seen in comics. But Jason Todd is and also Damien. If that wanted Jason or Damien in the series they should of just used them instead of forcing Dick to become what they want. I think Beast Boy is alright though, mostly. It at least feels like the writers understand Beast Boy. And I just hate what they did to Hawk and Dove. Dawn Granger is the avatar of peace she shouldn’t be snapping off peoples necks. And where is there increased durability. They get taken out so easily. And it’s just too dark.

And yes Titans could get dark, like with Rose Wilson’s backstory, what happened to Bombshell, and Raven resurecting her dead boyfriend even though he tried to kill everyone of her friends. Plus literally anything having to do with Doctor Light. But that’s not all it was. And watching it just feels insulting because of how completely accurate Doom Patrol is to the Morrison run. The few changes that were made to that like Ezekial existing and Nobody’s change of powers fit the story and still felt like they could be from the comics.

Nothing about Titans feels like the comics. Although the music is killer and it is very well produced, besides Dick’s hilarious CGI acrobatics.

1 Like

Hopefully now all the intros are out of the way they will have a more balanced plot and with Ravager joining the cast maybe it will get better. Buffy didn’t have its footing til season two, maybe the same is for titans.

Boo this man

2 Likes