Titans Flop

Can we at least see the first episode before we declare this show a flop? I’m really getting tired of this pervasive, rampant negativism infecting our society. Sheesh! Give it a rest.

8 Likes

Agreed

Anyone see that negativity referenced in the Harley Quinn promo? Lol. “Theyll hate it. They hate everything”

6 Likes

Approved for season 2, when will season 1 start?

Starts Oct. 12, IIRC.

Is your name Negative Nancy?

5 Likes

Nope just you. The newest trailers shows how gritty it’s going to be like the scene when Beast Boy is in a cage mouth covered in blood. Could it be human or animal blood? The thought of Raven and maybe lead to Trigon. The visuals look great and I read in Comic Con they saw the first 2 episodes. Pretty much good reviews even from rotten tomatoes.

4 Likes

I think Titans looks great. The reviews I’ve seen have mostly been very positive. I don’t think it will do badly at all!

Flop means that it doesn’t sell well. This is a little hard to pin down, when it’s something being put out as part of a streaming service. Do you count everyone that’s bought the service, or only the ones that actually watch the whole thing? Does someone that watches only one episode count as a sale? The show has already been greenlit for a second season, so maybe it’s already financially successful in the eyes of DC. Could they be counting all the Pre-orders, and saying, “Yea, that’s enough sales to justify doing more of this show”? Or maybe there weren’t enough Pre-Orders, and this is just a gimmick to get people to watch the first season. There’s really no telling, because Streaming Services generally don’t release any of these numbers, and just leave it to 3rd Party services to try to figure out some crazy voodoo to make up some Numbers.

Just as many complained about Gotham and I still like it and wait for the next season on Netflix. I’ll probability end up liking following Titans also.

1 Like

I’ve mostly only seen generally positive reviews myself from the websites I follow. The most common complaint I’ve read is that the show seems to try too hard to appear edgy with its gratuitous and over-the-top violence. I read a review that said it seemed like DC is trying to make a statement like “Hey look at us! We don’t need to adhere to TV standards and practices like on CW!”

I have nothing against violence per se (loved the Deadpool’s, Kill Bill, Watchmen, KickAss, etc), but I hope that Teen Titans doesn’t just do this for the sake of generating buzz (which the F-Batman comment out-of-context appeared to be). I’m hoping that it’s just about showing what a dark place Robin is in and as we see him come around it’ll taper off to something more reasonable. I’m hoping season one is kind of like an origin story for Nightwing, so seeing this type of character development could be interesting.

I’m okay with kicking the violence up a couple notches from what we see on CW’s Arrow as needs be, but it doesn’t need to slam us in the eyes show-after-show to make sure we know “this ain’t the CW”. I don’t think that should be the defining thing about the Titans.

Star fire looks horrible. I’m hoping the plot is fabulous enough to over look and am still gonna give it half a chance

I assumed it would, but the reviews seem to be pretty positive.

Starfire is apparently the breakout character based on the reviews I’ve seen. Raven’s the one thats disappointing people.

I am hopeful. I want it to be good.