Titans finale

Was kinda disappointed with the finale, we get everything coming together then a “Dick Grayson” episode which goes immediately into next season, which isn’t til end of next year… okay cliffhanger but I wanted to see the team deal or at least get ready to deal with Trigon!!!

6 Likes

I liked it. I get what you mean by them not having any resolution but if they did would people be as inclined to return for season 2? You gotta give people a reason to come back for more. And that extra surprise after the credits with SPOILER ALERT Superboy? Yeah, waiting a year is going to suck but I’m definitely coming back next year.

2 Likes

It felt like it needed another episode to wrap up the first season, I was really expecting the last shot of the this season to be that of Nightwing. at the end of the previous episode I figured that the only reason why Dick was allowed in was the darkness that was within him, But I expected this episode to be him finally over coming the darkness. The only cliff hanger this season needed wasSPOILER ALERT the Superboy scene. Right now I want next season to finish dealing with Trigon and at this point I feel they need a whole season to do that before they even think of bringing in Superboy.

4 Likes

I don’t understand people being super disappointed about the lack of resolution with Trigon in the finale.

We have Dick (no powers, and presently mind-blendered), Rachel - who has very little idea yet of what to do with her powers, or experience using them, BB - who again has little experience using his ability, Kory - who is just starting to get her memories back, and Donna (yay!). None of them have worked together (discounting Donna and Dick for the moment given his mental state) much and have known each other for 1-2 weeks at this point (ignoring Donna who the others have really just met).

This isn’t a group of people who could or should come out on top of Trigon in the season finale, or even the first few episodes next season, unless there is some loophole having to do with Rachel’s ‘heart having to be broken’. As Rachel tells us in one of the Raven facts by Raven in the 2016 Raven comic mini-series “my dad is an inter-dimensional demon, who destroys universes for fun.”

I suppose that maybe we will see him jeweled-up or temporarily repelled back to his dimension through some loophole/deus ex machina, and he’ll show up again later, but I don’t see any way a straight up fight gets resolved in the Titans’ favor anytime soon.

That said, I’m guessing very little time passed in the real world during the finale while Dick was having his trippy Gotham dream, and I was certainly disappointed that we didn’t advance the real world story a bit more. I have very, very little patience for flashbacks/dream sequences and the like, and would have much preferred to see a real confrontation kick off with Trigon, even if the finale ended in a draw, or the Titans escaping, or even a cliffhanger.

Personally, I’d love to see things really go off the rails next season, with the Titans escaping, and Trigon spending a bunch of the season ‘burning the world’, while the Titans try to figure out how to stop him while keeping their heads down, but I doubt we’ll get to see anything really large in scope like that.

2 Likes

They gotta milk it man. I want more too, but we gotta be stoked that we actually got this. I’m really happy the way it turned out. We’re not gonna get the whole team right away. Gotta chill.

2 Likes

They gotta make their money. Or we get zero.

2 Likes

Agreed, they screwed the season up by not airing the final episode! This is and was a 12 episode run. It’s ridiculous you have a show called Titans and they never get together to be that at the end of a season

1 Like

They Milked it to much. But I really enjoyed the series. Looking forward to more from DC

1 Like

Yeah… Trigon wasn’t going to be even PARTIALLY dealt with in a single episode… he’s going to take at least most, if not ALL of next season to handle… they’ve layered everything very well so far, so I trust them to continue the excellent pacing… every “step away” episode they’ve given us has tied things together nicely… I am looking forward to seeing exactly what they have in mind for Superboy!

I liked it too, and I was here from the beginning waiting on every episode weekly to get let down at the end because they wouldn’t air the last freakin episode. Judging from your handle I’m guessing your new, which means you binged the show. It’s a lot bigger letdown watching it weekly. Plain and simple the show runners screwed up by not airing episode 12

1 Like

Check out “showsnob.com” on why Titans only had 11 episodes

I’ve been thinking a lot about this and I feel they should’ve ended the season with 2 more episodes. 1st with Rachel breaking Trigon’s hold on Dick and getting those two and Gar out of the house, and the 2nd episode with everyone teaming up against Trigon, but ultimately getting the hell kick out of them (with that SB scene at the very end). That way the 2nd season would be the team actually learning to work together, with Con and Krypto possibly helping them overcome Trigon around midseason. After that they’d have the other half of the season to establish the team in a more public heroic role, maybe even set up H.I.V.E. as the season 3 villains by having the Titans finish off season 2 with a very triumphant battle against one of H.I.V.E.s lower tier baddies.

2 Likes

I personally found the finale to be a great episode about Dick Grayson being turned to the dark side, but I wish the finale had more of the rest of the titans. I personally can’t wait for Superboy (or Nightwing). Btw, is it just me or did Dick at the end look a lot like Indoctrinated Illusive Man from the ending of Mass Effect 3?

1 Like

I enjoyed the finally though i wish we got to know this batman more in depth because I feel that would have made his turn and ultimate death more emotional though am excited for season two PLEASE don’t end these titans on a cliffhanger also. Dc you have a chance to bring the titans back after the literal dumpster fire that was TEEN TITANS GO.

So I really liked the finale as an episode, but it didn’t work as well as a season finale. Considering how big the Trigon story is in the comics, I was shocked Titans got as far as it did with that storyline. Considering all of the, admittedly very good, diversions into the larger DCU (Jason Todd, Doom Patrol, Donna Troy, etc.), I kept thinking “How the hell are they going to work in an apocalyptic, coming of Trigon story among all of these other arcs and wrap up the Trigon threat by the end of the season?”. I guess that was never the intention. The coming of Trigon should feel a lot bigger, but I’ll give them a pass considering how much I liked season one in general. I’m psyched for season two!

1 Like

Looking back on Season One, the series definitely had growing pains, but it ended up being so much better than I thought. I enjoyed the hell out it. Huge potential here for future seasons. Man, and that post-credits teaser… so f@#king awesome!

You make some great points here. I love your suggestion for Season 2 involving Trigon wreaking havoc on the world and The Titans being in completely over their heads trying to deal with the complete insanity and chaos of Trigon reshaping the world. That could be very fun and really cool.

1 Like

I agree. The season could have definitely used at least one more episode.

1 Like

Conner and krypto though! :heart:

4 Likes

I wasn’t disappointed but yes I think one episode more would have tied it all into next season

3 Likes