Titans Finale: SPOILER: Batgirl hints

SPOILER ALERT :rotating_light:

Okay, so we all caught the Barbara Gordon name drops right? If Jason can be in the series, am I alone to want Barbara? Let me know how you feel and if you want to add her to the team roster.

14 Likes

Yeah but sheā€™s dead. Although that could easily have just been part of the alternate world

1 Like

To @TX85
It said ā€˜missingā€™ so a girl can hope sheā€™s still around. Plus that was in the alternate worldā€¦soā€¦yeah.

7 Likes

All of it was definitely cuz of the alternate trigon reality. Would love to see Barbra though. But I have to admit, I hope they do oricale instead of batgirl

3 Likes

I want Batgirl/Barbara Gordon on the show so bad. Since YJ has said theyā€™re doing Oracle, I would much rather we see Batgirl. Dick Graysonā€™s relationship with Barbara would be fun to explore on the show. To see Barbara interact with Hawk, Dove, Jason, and Donna would be great.

5 Likes

I vote we get Oracle with flashbacks of Batgirl.

Best of both worlds.

2 Likes

I donā€™t understand why they keep beating around the bush with characters THEY own, on their own streaming service. Easter eggs are awesome, but they shouldnā€™t be so much they are used to drive the story.

6 Likes

I agree with you guys and am glad we all share these opinionsšŸ˜€!!

2 Likes

Only problem with your theory is the name drop was during a dream

2 Likes

To @foodini
If he dreamt it, Dick must know Babs as Batgirl.

4 Likes

The way they brought in Krypto is so natural. Heā€™s not a Kryptonian space dog, heā€™s a test subject at Cadmus with Supermanā€™s genetics. Dang, that justify Beppo more than Krypto. So freakin cool. Never thought Iā€™d see him live action, but Titans worked itā€™s magic

1 Like

@ Chad22
I just donā€™t think itā€™s the right time for Oracle. Dick Grayson isnā€™t even Nightwing and Jason is a new Robin. Seems like Barbara should be Batgirl for a little longer.

5 Likes

To @Chad22
I totally agree that Babs should be Batgirl at first.

4 Likes

When do we get another season?

1 Like

Hawk and Dove are irrelevant characters. Gar, Star fire, Donna Troy and Jason Todd got screwed out of much needed screen time. Doom Patrol budgets should go toward making Titans a better quality show. More episodes and better effects. This was comparable to Iron Fist season 1. Take classic characters that are verry loved and bog the story down with characters nobody cares about. Cheap cheesy effects that are barely used at all. And a story line that goes nowhere.

Please stop asking for more characters. That is the one thing DC will actually listen to. I still donā€™t know who the Titans are. As far as I can tell itā€™s Hawk, Dove, Raven, Dick, Star fire, gar, Donna, Jason, super boy and a dog. What ever thatā€™s about. In 10 hours of run time not a single villain. Maybe we will get one next season. If the writers donā€™t squander run time on character development that should have been finished this season. This just felt like a 10 hour trailer forā€¦something? No villain. No team up. Who are the Titans? This was a very poorly made show indeed.

1 Like

I would love to see Nightwing and Batgirl in a show together, but not necessarily in Titans. I say that because I would want Nightwing and Batgirl to have primary focus with their own story arcs that are unrelated to the Titans team and storyline. (However, Iā€™m not opposed to seeing Robin transition to Nightwing in Titans if they go that route.)

Now that I think about it, Hawk and Dove might be better suited to a show with Nightwing and Batgirl rather than Titans. I wasnā€™t familiar with them before Titans, but I would enjoy seeing them in a traditional 24-episode series that has a team of adult characters and that can do deep-dives into character history and character development. I feel like Dove and Batgirl could be friends.

5 Likes

Nope. Iā€™d want to see Batgirl and see how Donna is gonna day that he messed it up.

2 Likes

The producers said they canā€™t get the rights. :pensive: Scroll down to the bottom of this article: https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/12/21/titans-season-2-spoilers-conner-kent-nightwing-superboy-batman-cliffhanger

2 Likes

I feel Barbara Gordon/Batgirl should have her own series. She is a really cool superhero who can really hold her own and I know a standalone series based on her would do really well. But a live action series not animated.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure where the idea that we havenā€™t had any villains is coming from. We had a crazy anti-cultist in Ep 1., Nuclear Family in the next few eps, then Dr. Adamson the Trigon cultist is introducedā€¦ then a digression for Melting Man/Zucco jr., then more of Adamson and his his merry band of Trigon cultists, and finally Trigon shows up in the season finale.

As far as Batgirl goes, comic book character licensing rights are really complicated, and theyā€™re often exclusively licensed out to other groups or even subsidiaries with various terms and conditions; see, e.g., the Marvel nonsense with Spiderman and the X-Men with regard to the MCU. Just because the DCU streaming service has the rights to use some characters in their shows doesnā€™t mean theyā€™ve gotten the rights to all the others. According to various articles like the one LongLiveTimDrake posted above, higher powers have said ā€œnoā€ to using Batgirl. Iā€™m pleased weā€™ve gotten what weā€™ve gotten, and Iā€™m really surpised that we are getting Cyborg in Doom Patrol and maybe later in Titans, given there is a Cyborg in the DCEU movies.

2 Likes