Titans Finale After Ending Credits Scene Reactions!

That was it? That was the finale? What happened to all the hype for it being a two-hour finale, or even the fact that we were promised both Nightwing and Wonder girl costumes this season? Like if this is how they are planning on leaving this show for a year, that’s a horrible decision. They honestly never gave the season the ending just an episode that didn’t even matter since it was all a dream anyways. For someone who was very hyped for this series when we saw all the first stuff for it and then bought the year subscription, I’m very disappointed in this.

6 Likes

It’s pretty clear that DCU is playing the long game with Titans. At the pace it’s taking, it could go for 100 episodes without breaking a sweat.

4 Likes

Maybe they’re going for parts than full on seasons like some shows on Netflix such as The Ranch. The last episodes of that show always has cliffhangers but are now up to Part 6 than season 3 or 4.

As for the post credits scene. I thought it meant a live action Young Justice series but could simply be a side plot of s2 with a new team member, which would be fine too

1 Like

Loved the episode but hated the way it was left I’m guessing a new member on the post crews. I’m also thinking more along the lines of a fall finale but they do need to move the show along at some point

2 Likes

Thought the season over all was good. My only complaint was that it felt like a slow build to nowhere. Hopefully its not a whole year wait to continue the story. Can’t wait to see the Nightwing costume and a green Beast Boy.

4 Likes

anyone else think that the final was a big middle finger to fans since they didn’t show any up close look at any of the batman characters and that we didn’t get to see anything as too costumes?

The show had me…up until that ending. Okay, so let me get this straight. Between the ending of last episode to the end of this episode, Dick Grayson goes into that house, gets possessed by Trigon after Trigon fucks with his mind, and…that’s that! Show’s over! I can’t help but feel as if there could be just one or two more episodes just so that the rest of the team can have their fight with Trigon and save the day or whatever, but I digress.

The after-credits scene with Superboy and Krypto was awesome and all, but considering how the finale ended, I can’t help but feel a bit alienated. I mean, it’s cool Titans is getting another season and all that, but if this was its own TV series with only this one season, yeah. Not leaving the best lasting impression.

Don’t get me wrong. It’s all been about the journey. Just…the destination, man.

1 Like

I just read an article on IGN about Titans and how they used Batman was the most they were allowed to do. WB/DC controls what characters they will allow on the show. I don’t think we will ever get an actual Batman on Titans.

A PHENOMENAL episode, an awful season finale. I’m left with no real satisfaction, nothing really got resolved. I mean I LOVE this show, but jeez they shouldn’t have saved the last episode for next season. I’m so monumentally disappointed that I have to wait at the very least 10 more months to have any sort of resolution, but am incredibly excited at the same time.

2 Likes

I kind of see what they’re trying to do with the slow pacing, if they’d planned on 2 seasons for the entire time. The latest episode works as a mid-season finale, just not THE finale. Like others have said, there was no resolution. So I’m just gonna imagine this is us halfway through an established two-part series :wink:

3 Likes

I don’t understand why everyone hated the finale. Titans show did the same thing most shows do, they did a “What if” part but they added a Trigon twist to it which worked nicely. Trigon wants to rule the world and corrupt people to his will, why not screw with Dick’s head and get him to turn dark on his own in front of Raven aka Rachel which he needs for his passage to Earth’s dimention.

Butttttt the best part was…and i say spoiler…was the showing of Superboy and Krypto! Cant have a Teen Titans show without the clone of Superman and Lex! Which adds to my theory of the addition of Cadmus and a Lex Luther involvement! Many possibilities! Hope they add Kid Flash eventually.

My conclusion is that I had my doubts of the show but they added the lore and a different, darker version of Teen Titans that now has me watching intently. May not be exactly like the comics or prior shows/movies but they did a great job. Looking forward to Season 2!

2 Likes

I am trying to decide if the finale was a cliffhanger or a gamechanger. The pre-credits ending feels like a cliffhanger since my guess is that they will save Dick, Rachel, and Gar in the Premier. (The post-credits scene was definitely a game changer) On the other hand, if the next entire season is Tri and the gang recruiting and taking over the world, then this might be a fair season finale. I guess I will be better able to judge it after season 2 get under way.

2 Likes

Some of you are talking like this is literally the first tv show you’ve ever watched and don’t grasp what a cliffhanger is?

2 Likes

leave the show on a cliffhanger, use Shadow Batman, have bad writing, do whatever you want… just don’t let us down… we were promised nightwing… the main reason i paid to watch this show out of support was to see nightwing… it was even said that beast boy’s skin would progressively become green… not just turn green for less than 10 seconds of screentime out of the entire season… we are all feeling let down because that is what happened… not because this is the “first tv show (we) ever watched”… it’s because we paid, had patience and even defended the show when people doubt and talked trash before even airing… now it’s the finale and we are left empty handed… the after credit scene wasn’t epic enough to make up for the fact that we still don’t have nightwing… i can guarantee that next season, we will have to go through at least 4 or 5 episodes before we see him get the suit… the disappointment is too much to keep defending, and i doubt i will be still paying for the service by then… all in all, show was good, underwhelming and i appreciate the attempt… just wasn’t what was promised… doesn’t matter what we want, it’s about what was not provided… only here for young justice now… after that, adios…

1 Like

Just wanted to say that was a perfect batman bat suit looked the absolute best in all of live action!

2 Likes

The finale itself is another thing, but the end credits scene was amazing. Can’t wait for next season, it definitely hyped me up after the bummer of the episode. And Krypto!

3 Likes

WOW! Finally watched the finale. Didnt know about the end credits scene until this thread. I need season 2 now. A little disappointed about the cliffhanger, but it just makes me want more.

1 Like

I was a hater of the series when it was being promoted, full disclosure. I immediately came around after watching the first episode. I was one of those that did not like the way StarFire. After watching the series and seeing the story play out I understood. I am fully on board with this series. I for one like dark gritty and realistic versions of my comic book characters especially if it is a well thought out story showing their journey. I am always about the story and the long game. So this series pretty much appeals to me and I am on board for the ride knowing that they are developing each character and taking them through shadows of dark and light to eventually get them to their sweet spots, some version of their comic book counterpart. This series is a game changer. Now with all that being said. I thought the season finale was kind of underwhelming. It certainly warranted a two hour finale but looking forward to where season two will take us.

Ok,so after seeing the promos for this show I read ALL of the comics even remotely related to Raven. Although a big fan of Teen Titans the cartoon it only gives so much information so this app was great for that . But I must say with the information available here about the characters I do think it’s important to #1; remain true to the characters roots & #2; cohesively rewrite or bring characters forward in reinvention. I understand that characters are revamped (for lack of better terms) after so many years but please remember to do it progressively and don’t be stingy with the content. We are a paying audience whom wants to be wowed by the bringing to life of the stories you’ve already told. Please don’t steer too far from that. And remember to make it make sense. Throwing in what can feel random stories or events is unfair to viewers and can seem a bit distracting from what is perceived as the meat of the storyline. Overall I think this episode could have been longer but Dick’s story could have been told A LOT faster. I’m looking forward to a new season but I would like to see things move a bit faster

I was floored by that reveal. It definitely cheered me up, because I was super pissed about the cliffhanger and the Robin vs Batman hype.
Superboy looks jacked up! This is going to be such an awesome addition.

3 Likes