titans episode 8

I think for all the negative comments, you fail to realize that this is an origins season . The characters are trying to not only flush out who they are, but their perspective roles in society. The story line for Dick Grayson follows the one in which Batman has become an anti-hero not unlike the punisher, and almost dragged Grayson down the rabbit hole with him. Raven is well Raven the daughter of Trigon and is acting accordingly. The only one that’s storyline is a huge departure from the original is Starfire.

Nah they’re not. They simply want to build the characters to become what their destiny are. They aren’t suppose to be heroes right now because they aren’t yet. Like it or not this season is about origins, coming together and building a foundation for the world.

Last episode is when we’ll likely hear them call themselves an official team named Titans and in costumes including Dick now being Nightwing. S2 is the season with most things established and so they can go all out as a superhero team now.

I know that doesn’t seem appealing to some but there are others who have enjoyed the slow journey.

It was confirmed long ago that Dick will become Nightwing this season with Starfire getting a costume like her comic look. This episode ended with Donna staying with Dick and next episode could end with Hawk and Dove tracking the team somehow and for some reason.

A team up two part season finale could be very possible. Beast Boy killing has been part of his story arc and he still seems conflicted in this episode. Dick acknowledged to Donna that his violence has been bad and they both talked about him a new person.

A journey for the team to not only become family, friends but also making a big difference in their lives and others has been made clear. It may seem slow right now but just let the damn season fully playout then make a wishlist for s2

3 Likes

My only concern is Gar…will he forever only transmute to a tiger. I would love to see him transmute to a bear, gorilla or hell even a bunny. Its been hard to see the difficulty of his live action transmutation over the cartoonish instant transmutation to any creature I’m used to. I was expecting more of a Baff (like Nightcrawler teleportation) change than a weretiger type change.

1 Like

Maybe he will in the season finale but it can easily be part of his story arc for s2

I’m happy to finally get to see Donna troy! She was left out of all the other teen titans or young justice shows. All the other original titans got on the shows but for some reason Donna was always left out.

1 Like

@sgarcia Right? I didn’t like how they’d always leave Donna out. I’m glad she’s on this show too.