Titans ep 1 open discussion

@Brenticus - Do you watch other things with your kids? Even in their animated stuff, DC killed Supes.

2 Likes

Intrigued for more. Interesting start.

1 Like

Thought it was great totally exceeded my expectations

2 Likes

The F batman trailer really turned me off Titans at first but after watching it I was surprised enjoyed it will watch the rest

5 Likes

Another watch along whoā€™s in

2 Likes

I had my doubts. DC has been letting me down lately in the tv/cinematic fields lately. I was worried this would be just another Arrow or Flash, I was wrong. It is definitely a darker, more mature tone to the writing but it fits well. I also was worried about the overdone violence, but in the context of the story, it fits so far. Itā€™s only one episode but i can at least say they have my attention and have made the subscription cost worth it for the time being. Well done DC.

2 Likes

Really good. I am not a fan of arrow and flash as they feel like 90210 meets superheroes. This was nothing like that and I canā€™t wait to see more.

4 Likes

I liked it.

1 Like

I freaking loved it. Great start. Robin/ Grayson scenes were fantastic. Loved seeing Dick is a vinyl fan. Very cool to see him methodically clean his gear. No Alfred, right!? Starfire totally exceeded my expectations and when Raven came out to playā€¦Whoa! Really cool. The only part I could have lived without was Gar/ Beast Boy at the end. Felt like that scene was wedged in. To me I thought the episodeā€™s narrative ended when Dick and Raven drove off. Canā€™t wait to see episode 2. Wish they were all out or half a season. Totally wanted to binge.

3 Likes

Dick Grayson is my favorite character of all time so his display of violence had me concerned. However I loved the show even more than I thought I would. Todayā€™s culture is violent. We expect our heroes today to make sure the bad guy never hurt anyone again. So I feel the show works great for today.

Itā€™s a dark show but it doesnā€™t feel depressing to me the way recent films have. Dickā€™s anger is going to be a fun exploration of the character to me as thatā€™s something that rarely gets seen from the character. I find it extremely easy to understand heā€™d have the same reaction as Batman did to their parents death but this time it seems Batman was encouraging him to keep that anger alive where most of the time we see him push Dick towards a place he never chooses for himself if letting it go. So this is all interesting and new to me.

Iā€™m looking forward to the ride. A lot.

2 Likes

Remembers that batman and robin had falling out.2nd team of teen titians hated their parents.only 2 was wondergirl and kidflash ( raven mind control kidflash).raven brought team together to save her.

Except for the night security guard with a gun and Beast Boy, I thought the first episode was great. I was surprisingly interested in Starfire. Thought she played the innocent but deadly thing well. Raven was pretty sick. Robin shows promise. And again, beast boy I could do without lol

1 Like

I throughly enjoyed the pilot I have been a believer in it since day one when we say the robin suit, and finally seeing Dick kick ass was sick I did enjoy the starfire parts of the episode as well. The one thing that is really bugging me though is the fact that I donā€™t know what song is playing in Dickā€™s apartment when heā€™s cleaning the Robin suit! If you know please @ me

1 Like

I guess I have to comment again. At what point after the trailers showed ā€œ****batmanā€ did you think the violence would be ok for kids. Seriously? Yeah, mine are in bed. When this is over show them Django, theyā€™ll love it.

2 Likes

Good first ep. glad we didnā€™t get the typical ā€˜whole gang meets in first episodeā€™ story. Looking forward to more Raven!

Also the music supervisor did a great job. Love the score and the song choices.

I thought the episode was amazing. Titans have been one of my favorite comics and seeing it finally get a live action series has been a long time coming. I canā€™t wait to see the rest of the season and watch Dick transform i to Nightwing, my all time favorite.

1 Like

Loved the first episode. I thought the Beast Boy epilogue was funnier than hell. It is scary at times and not for kids so parents, keep the tikes away until they are capable of handling acts like shots in the head and windshield glass tearing up faces! Even younger adolescents might have to be monitored.
Having said that, it has the Netflix seriousness but it does not exaggerate the violence (e.g., Daredevil getting beat up for 5 minute stretches!).
I do like the mature take on these characters. The CW heroes are juvenile in comparison- the Arrowverse is still good, but not great!
Titans is a welcome addition to the DC fold!
Jim

3 Likes

Oh, and love the music too. Hopefully La La Land records releases a TV score to the show!

1 Like

Iā€™ve been trying to watch all night. My Apple TV is not working at all. Iā€™ve deleted the app, uninstalled, reinstalled several times and it still keeps spinning. Hopefully DC Universe will fix these issues.

Was this supposed to be HDR and Dolby Digital? My stream only had non-hdr and stereo only.