Titans, Doom Patrol or Swamp Thing - Which series premiere is your favorite?

So which series premiere of the 3 shows has been your favorite thus far – Titans, Doom Patrol or Swamp Thing?

Doom Patrol

2 Likes

Right now, having seen all of them only once, I’d probably rank them as:

1. Doom Patrol

2. Swamp Thing

3. Titans

6 Likes

@jay_kay SAME!

3 Likes

DP, ST, then Titans. My preferences.

3 Likes

My DCU originals premiere ranking:

1. Young Justice season 3
  2. Doom Patrol
  3. Swamp Thing
  4. Titans
4 Likes
  1. Doom Patrol
  2. Titans
  3. Young Justice Outsiders
  4. Swamp Thing

I still really enjoyed a lot of elements of Swamp Thing. I just didn’t find the characters (main and supporting) as compelling. I still loved the atmosphere and the music/cinematography were phenomenal.

4 Likes

First episodes Top 3

Titans
YJ Season 3
Doom Patrol

1 Like
  1. Swamp Thing
  2. Doom Patrol
  3. Titans

The way production value has increased in ever new show I am sure I will be saying Star Girl is the best show next year

6 Likes

Definitely Swamp Thing for me.

3 Likes
  1. Young Justice
  2. Doom Patrol
  3. Titans
  4. Swamp Thing

I’m pretty happy with all of them, frankly, but YJ’s & DP’s pilots spoke to me more than Titans & Swamp Thing.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed all of the pilots. They had their own specific tone, and certain way of storytelling. So it’s kinda hard for me to compare them, but if I had to I would rank them as followed…

For live action premieres:

1. Titans
  2. Doom Patrol
  3. Swamp Thing

All DCU Originals:

1. Young Justice: Outsiders
  2. Titans
  3. Doom Patrol
  4. Swamp Thing

I think I leaned more towards Titans and Young Justice because I just love those characters so much, and it was awesome to see them on screen.

3 Likes

Titans was the most pleasant surprise, because I wasn’t expecting it to be as good as it was. Swamp Thing was the most cinematic. Doom Patrol had the most going on.

2 Likes

Doom Patrol, it suprised me with how good it was. I signed up for Swamp Thing, and dont get me wrong I thought it was great, but Doom Patrol had me hooked like nothing else I have watched in a long time.

2 Likes

Swamp Thing has been my favorite pilot so far. Doom Patrol got better with each consecutive episode up until Jane Patrol for me when it peaked. I honestly didn’t finish Titans after I watched the first 5 episodes because I couldn’t get attached to the characters and their arcs for the life of me. I’ll give it another go this summer though.

1 Like

Aaaah! That’s like asking which one of my seedlings I like best - the angry one, the weird one, or the creepy one. Hahaha…but, if I must, here goes:

1. Swamp Thing
  2. Doom Patrol
  3. Titans

I would like to note that I love all three shows equally, but for different reasons, which is the way it should be since they are all so different.

4 Likes

@Pretty.Poison.Bombshell, very well put I agree 100%.

1. Swamp Thing: because holly crap that first eps. was AMAZING!
  2. Doom Patrol: Had never read the comics and was truly blown away with the character development and effects.
  3. Titans: Ahhh… while I did love it as well it was a slow burn which prob wld have payed off it it had not been cut short. I just hope that S2 starts with Raven having to go through the 300 or 400 days of combat trials and that they introduce the H.I.V.E. as part of Death Strokes story. finishing the season with the introduction of brother blood.
2 Likes

Doom Patrol is the BEST!!!

2 Likes

Doom Patrol. I liked parts of Titans but I really dislike their take on Dick Grayson. I just finished Swamp Thing and it is too horror for me. A few medical sequences seemed silly too. So far I love DC TV but I hope they continue rolling out content for all genres.

Doom Patrol. And that’s coming from a die hard Swamp Thing fanatic.

1 Like