TITANS - Can NO one do Dick Grayson justice?..

It’s not about him joking around, atleast for me. The main kicker was the fight in the ally even if didn’t kill any of them outright he was way more brutal than any interpretation of dick I’ve seen. He just didn’t feel like him. It felt much more Jason mixed with damian, if they have him grow out of the edginess I think the actor could play a good dick Grayson, he has the look atleast but the attitude feels so far off.

2 Likes

Did he kill anyone? I thought he just really fucked them up?

Clearly, the lack of motion and fidelity in iconic comic book art removes the brutality of the violence portrayed for many people. Open almost any issue when Robin fights a villain. Look at the art. Think about the forces and amount of brutality it would take to achieve the outcome portrayed. I think a lot of people have chosen to edit the brutality out in their mind while reading. But cinema can be less forgiving; its images are much more literal. Superhero comics are often about vigilantes who dish out justice with violence. Titans is clearly a show that respects that violent reality. The violence was jarring for me, too, but it made me respect the graphic nature of these stories we all enjoy a little more.

3 Likes

What is character development?

Dick isn’t always happy go-lucky.

3 Likes

I almost fell like y didn’t watch the episode of Titans. The alley fight made it so obvious why he is being violent. No one fears him. When he dropped down every single bad guy started watching for Batman and ignored him. He is trying to make a name for himself without Batman and he is turning to violence for that. I think it’s pretty clear that they will show how that’s not working and he will become Nightwing.

6 Likes

Well said @bneyed. I remember seeing Grayson throw a billiards ball at someone’s head. That has killed people in real life! Not anecdotal at all, humans are fragile and half of the tactics you see in comics in many cases could and would kill a real person.

He didn’t kill anybody though

1 Like

I think the Burt Ward, Filmmation, Hanna Barbera, BTAS, Batman Forever and The Batman iterations are well done.

He was purposely done as an amalgamation of different Robins for Batman Forever. Schumacher said it in interviews.

Yes I’ve read plenty Grayson and even tho he is a lot more lighthearted than Bruce he’s not a laughing idiot who finds everything funny. I’ve seen him get serious when it’s called for and didn’t he kill blockbuster way back in the comics? Anyway when ur dealing with joker twoface and death stroke you can’t just put them in time out lol

5 Likes

First off, Grayson didn’t “technically” kill anyone in the first episode…that being said he was SUPER violent. Also Brenton said that in this universe Batman killed, causing Dick to leave because he didn’t want to cross that line. I mean this Dick could have very well been trained by the equivalent of Battfleck. Lastly, I see Dick trying to find out who he is. I think he’ll calm down as time progresses and he won’t be as violent and he’ll lighten up. I don’t think the Dick we see now will stay like this forever.

All that being said, I better see Dick lighten up and become the wise-cracking, empathetic, loving butt-kicking vigilante that he is suppose to become

1 Like

Uhh…Dick didn’t kill anybody. Watch the episode, please

2 Likes

I disagree completely. Sick didnt kill anyone. He out a beatdown on them for sure. No doubt they were all hospitalized for days. But I dig this interpretation. Room to grow and lighten up.

1 Like

Damn autocorrect won’t let me write DICK