Tim Drake's Codename

@mrmiracle They’ve sorta released an image of the new outfit already in the solicit for Young Justice #10. It’s…interesting…?

I’m not a fan, I think it needs more black, and a cape. Honestly the name change can grow on me, but they need to do something about that suit

I’m not sure what Drake is meaning to convey. I mean, Robin makes sense as another themed flying creature and as a tribute to Robin Hood. More recent versions have also made it Dick’s mother’s pet name for Dick. It seems a fittingly whimsical name to be chosen by a young Dick Grayson to choose, and then it was an iconic name passed from one Robin to the next.

What does Drake convey? It’s tied to ducks which is bird related, but what about Tim is particularly bird like? Is a duck a particularly noble, brave, or threatening creature? Did he have a duck fly through his window and decide that he shall become a duck to intimidate criminals?

I don’t get it.

1 Like

Does he have a pet dog that snickers at criminals when they shoot at him and miss?

2 Likes

Tim is supposed to be one of the best detectives in the DC universe with a genius level intellect. Yet he decides his code name should be his last name, while wearing a costume that easily shows off his skin and hair color.

This is horrible and I hope it doesn’t stick. Bendis needs to stick to writing his own creations, cause he is terrible with established characters.

I just checked out the costume, and I’m not at all surprised by the color scheme. It’s more or less what I expected (except for the yellow highlights). I guess Tim wants people to know Robin change his name and theme–for some reason.
The image is over yonder, but it’s out of view in the preview, in case you don’t want to get spoiled.

The new costume doesn’t even have a symbol on it.