THR Reports: Behind Marvel and DC’s Pride Anthologies

Today, The Hollywood Reporter dives into the Big 2’s 2021 Pride Anthologies.

“Every year is the right time for a DC Pride anthology,” DC editor-in-chief Marie Javins tells The Hollywood Reporter , “but cultural moments like Pride and AAPI Heritage months are ideal opportunities to get energy behind stories in the Pride anthology or [May release] DC’s Festival of Heroes — they’re on everyone’s radar already, leading to creativity and excitement.”

The article showcases artwork from each anthology, and takes us behind-the-scenes of how these collections came to be and what creating these stories means to the publishers, and to the LGTBIA+ community.

Be sure to check out the full article, and let us know your thoughts in the comments below! :point_down:

10 Likes

I have learned so much with these highlighted threads. So awesome.
I’m diggin it.
:+1:

4 Likes

I didn’t even realize Marvel was also doing a Pride anthology book until just now, but the more the merrier! :rainbow_flag:

5 Likes

I know same…I’m so happy for more representation

4 Likes

I dug the Pride one-shot a ton, and that Aquaman cover posted above looks pretty schway, too.

5 Likes

Jackson Hyde!

2 Likes

Agreed. To be honest, I really had no idea what to expect. DC has a history of seasonal anthology books being very hit and miss. This is one of the better books that they have released in this format. Also, did you notice “The End?” at the end of Question’s story? Is this a tease of more Question in the near future?

4 Likes

Awesome ™:+1:

1 Like

Renee Montoya has been working as the DA for Mayor Nakano. I’d expect it to be a story in Batman Urban Legends.

2 Likes

That’s a little weird, now that I think about it – it would be hard for her to be the anti-mask Commissioner and be running around as The Question.

1 Like

I did, and I surely hope so. I love Renee as Q.

1 Like