THR Reporting: 'Bad Boys For Life' Directors Sign On To Helm Batgirl Movie

:rofl: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :purple_heart:

Oh, there’s so much more celebration to come @stalecake. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1:

7 Likes

woohoo! Will be right there with you to celebrate!

7 Likes

This one’s for you @stalecake. :purple_heart: :hugs:

6 Likes

Touché.

Who would you cast as Barbara Gordon for a new film?

4 Likes

I love Lili Reinhart in the role. :purple_heart:

While watching her play Betty on Riverdale I’ve seen a number of “BGisms” in her interpretation of the part that lead me to believe she’s a spot-on casting choice.

Gabrielle Haugh has got the chops to play BG. An especially solid choice if the production team is looking to go with a relatively unknown performer for the part.

Gabrielle-Haugh-new-Jade-on-Days-of-our-Lives

I also think that Mayans M.C. actor Sarah Bolger could slot in nicely as BG as well.

I’m also very much looking forward to finding out if our latest live action version of Jim Gordon is gonna’ have my gurrrl in the mix as well.

If Gordo has a daughter in this version and that actor can demonstrate that she’s got the mettle, I say give her the movie role of BG. :smiley: :+1: :00_batgirl1:

8 Likes

As long as they get her red hair and don’t do the Alicia Silverstone thing…

6 Likes

Agreed @stalecake. :+1:

4 Likes

Our lovely @DC89 is getting two live action Babsies, don’t forget Titans Season 3!

:raised_hands:

6 Likes

You’re right Mighty @Mae- BG x three! Woo-Hoo! :purple_heart:

It’s time for some more dancin’! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

:notes:Ain’t nothing, ain’t nothing, ain’t nothing
Put your heart and your soul in it
Ain’t nothing, ain’t nothing, ain’t nothing
Now put your heart and your soul in it :notes:

Yay! :00_batgirl: :0_batgirl: :00_batgirl1:

5 Likes

Aww, Mighty @Mae. :purple_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

4 Likes

:hugs:

3 Likes

Would have preferred a female director here, but I’ll hold out and wait to judge this choice once I see their work put to screen. My general disinterest in Bad Boys For Life might also be influencing this take as well to be fair. I don’t blame that on the directors though. Best of luck to them!

4 Likes

@DC89 did I hear something about a bat party?

x90

4 Likes

You heard right, super awesome GirlBat! :smiley: :purple_heart: :0_batgirl:

2 Likes

xbwbg2A xsss2A
10 :00_dc_1940: xsight3

4 Likes

Oh I hope this thread just stays not stop happy gifs until the movie is released.

3 Likes

All wishes are granted here @stalecake. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Oh, and here’s one of my most fave dance tracks done by this legend who also did some awesome B’Man songs back in the day to get ya’ movin’ :notes: :00_batman_1989:

4 Likes

Lilli Reinhart would be AWESOME as Batgirl, no doubt one of the best choices. You could probably point to a number of her scenes on Riverdale to get some idea how she would approach the role.

3 Likes

It’s Batgirl’s world. We just live in it!

3 Likes

It’d take me a minute to compile the moments scene by scene where I’ve seen her channeling BG in her performance but yah, @patterson65.37405- there’s been number of those moments where I was like “Hmm… :thinking:Yep, that was def a Barb moment there.” :smiley:

3 Likes