THR Reporting: 'Bad Boys For Life' Directors Sign On To Helm Batgirl Movie

7 Likes

ATTN DCUI People- Special thanks to the always awesome Mighty @Mae for posting this news first in the Birds Of Prey thread. Mae’s the amazingest! :smiley: :purple_heart:

7 Likes

A Batgirl film coming closer to fruition! Tell me more . . .

xbge1A

7 Likes

M’Kay, so lemme’ give you my thoughts on this news.

Ahem. (DC89 takes a deep breath) SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

One step closer to BG making her very first live action feature film appearance! Woo-Hoo!

Yay BG! :00_batgirl: :0_batgirl: :00_batgirl1: :clapper: :movie_camera: :film_strip:

10 Likes

It’s happening @xLOVEandDoomPatrolx! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

5 Likes

Say word!! YES!

xjd1 xsp1

6 Likes

#DianaSteps #FAME!I’mgonnaThemyscira . . .

4 Likes

:laughing: :purple_heart: :0_wonder_woman: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

4 Likes

5 Likes

I’m so excited, hope Batgirl will be blonde with no bat ears and last name Wilson!:grin: Just Kidding! :chill:
I’m really excited by the news and hope they do a great job making this movie! :grinning: :0_batgirl:

4 Likes

Don’t make me post that Mariah gif @Reaganfan78. :laughing:

5 Likes

Hahaha . . . I don’t know her.
bw101

: )

6 Likes

Hmm, looks like I’ll have to watch that Bad Boys For Life movie to get a feel for their directing.

As an aside – how is that the third movie? I’m not talking about how there is so many movies, I mean, I always assumed that this was the forth Bad Boys movie and the title as a play on words, you know, Bad Boys 4 Life.

Anyway, I believe I read that they’re also directing episodes of the upcoming Ms Marvel series for Disney+, so it looks like they’ve already got experience writing about young women becoming superheroes, which is a plus.

6 Likes

Exciting news!!

^ the nerd in me has to mention Alicia Silverstone:

Who wasn’t our Barbara Gordon, but was technically Batgirl in that universe.

5 Likes

Don’t judge him too much on that film. Remember, the same guy who directed this-

And this-
paramount-11727-004-Full-Image_GalleryCover-en-US-1484000128267.UY500_UX667_RI_V463b9c327701424b9b6e28fd49a99b56_TTW

Directed this-

7 Likes

OK, I expected more gifs from you, but these are a good start. :grin:

4 Likes

I didn’t started this @DC89! (Slowly walking away!) LOL!:laughing:

3 Likes

That’s not a bad point, but Todd Phillips also changed plenty as a filmmaker in the 15-20 years in between those movies. But looking at Adil & Bilall, Bad Boys For Life only came out last year, so it’s a much more accurate assessment of their directing skills now than Road Trip or Old School would be for Phillips. And considering BBFL did pretty well among both fans and critics, I’d say it’s actually a promising indicator of what they can bring to the table assuming they stick around

5 Likes

BG=BarbaraGordonand/orBatgirl :grinning:

7 Likes

:laughing: :purple_heart:

5 Likes