thoughts on Wonder comics

Nycc DC is starting a whole new teen line up with Wonder comics. first with Naomi, imo it sounds like new Riri, at least she is new character. Next bringing back Conner Kent. I hate the design Conner looks like the worst part of the 90’s sould of used Yj t-shirt. I wonder what will happen to Jonathan Kent… Well let’s wait and see.

5 Likes

I’ve missed Conner. I’m not sure how he fits into current continuity, I’m a bit behind in my DC reading (so no spoilers please). The whole Wonder Comics imprint seems like a great idea. I was very bummed that the Young Animals titles came out so inconsistently so I hope this imprint will be held to a better scheduling standard.

I think it sounds horrible so far, but will give it a chance.

I never need 90s Superboy, and I hate creating new heroes when you have dozens sitting on the bench.

2 Likes

Connor Freaking Kent

I’m pumped about the current lineup. Bendis seems to be at his best with younger heroes, and this has a familiar, almost Ultimate Spider-Man sense of youthfulness. Again, we only have the teaser and a quick interview on the subject, so we’ll find out more about how wrong I am when the solicitations are out in another two weeks. Bendis had a rocky start at DC earlier this year with “Man of Steel” and “Superman”, but seems to be finding his footing with “Action”. His Jinxworld minis are also good so far, but I’m sure he had those scripts completed before he signed last December. All in all, Winter at DC seems to be shaping up quite nicely. And, c’mon, Sam Humphries on a “Dial H For Hero” book? I’m ALL in on that.

I feel like they might be leaning too much into nostalgia with Conner going full 90s, but I’m definitely going to give it a shot.

Wonder Twins!!! That has me excited. The YJ title seems to be leaning towards older versions as Cassie is also in an older costume. Will be interesting to see what they do. Excited to see it.

1 Like

I’m excited for Wonder Twins and Dial H for Hero.

1 Like

I really hope Bendis can deliver with Young Justice. As much as I want to read the first issue right away when it hits I might have go trade wait. Bendis has gotten way too slow with telling his stories and waiting monthly for snail-building is s bit frustrating. Maybe a new found appreciation would happen if I read a handful of issues at once in TPB.

Can’t wait. I really think Bendis has a strong grasp on Young Heroes.

I’m planning to check out Young Justice for sure. I’m happy for Conner to be brought back, but I hope Jon Kent also sticks around (and Bendis seems to have indicated he will).

1 Like

I’m interested in what Dial H will be like, I really enjoyed the New 52 version and I plan on checking out YJ and WT too…

Incase you can’t tell by the username, I’m very excited for the new Young Justice run. When I was a kid it was my favorite comic book, so when it got cancelled I really took it to heart. Can’t wait to pick up the first issue and see what Bendis, Gleason, and Sanchez have cooked up.

1 Like

I love that DC is creating all of these imprints. I personally think it makes it easier for all readers to select & collect. It can be difficult to collect everything DC, so focusing on imprints/titles & runs is more affordable & easy.

I’m very much looking forward to Wonder Comics!

2 Likes

I like this version of Superboy so much more aesthetically than the t-shirt version. I’m actually excited about Naomi because they said she would open up DC to a new world like the Fourth World and Gemworld.

I’m going to give these a shot. I’m especially excited about the Wonder Twins. That even more than YJ has my attention.

Wonder Twins is interesting to me (Will original Junior Super Friends Wendy, Marvin and Wonderdog appear in the series?), Dial H takes me back to the run in the Adventure Comics of the ‘80s that I enjoyed…but, I’m left wondering what a Wonder Comics version of Shazam! (featuring a more classic version of Captain Marvel and his family than we’re likely to see from Geoff Johns’ upcoming series) might have looked like.

1 Like

Definitely going to read Young Justice (Peter David’s work is SO underrated), but I’m not 100% sure about Wonder Twins…

Definitely going to read Young Justice (Peter David’s work is SO underrated), but I’m not 100% sure about Wonder Twins…

1 Like

Really excited to see Dial H for H come back again. I remember being fascinated with it’s concept when I first saw it in Who’s Who back in the 80’s and I think I may have read a few issues back then too. I really loved the 2003 series with Will Pfeifer, Kano and a whole slew of artists, that was a very good run from beginning to end. I read some of China Mieville’s as well, but didn’t keep up with it (A future DCU series to spotlight, maybe?). It’s such a great concept that DC passed up on for an animated show (but other capitalized on with Ben 10) and I’m hoping this could bring the franchise back in the spotlight! Live action movie or TV show perhaps?!