Thoughts on the Upcoming Suicide Squad Game?

I never played those games, I grew up mostly playing Rockstedy’s batman.

Well, we did just get Streets of Rage 4.

1 Like

Not to step on anyone’s toes but yes Cheetah has been in the Suicide Squad. So has General Zod, Reverse Flash, Bane, Parasite, Talon, Black Hand, Black Manta, Poison Ivy, and many more.

2 Likes

Very true.

2 Likes

Meanwhile, I think of Arkham Asylum as a “new” game. :stuck_out_tongue: (It’s from the Seventh Generation.)

In all fairness, there are things I like about all of the Arkham games, and the third one fixed all my gripes with the first two…and then forced me to drive that blasted tank everywhere.

“Cheetah, General Zod, Reverse flash, Black Hand, Black Manta”

Waller said she uses villains no one will remember most of these guys are most of dangerous/important villains in the dc universe??? And how did she get a hold of them???

new??? I look back on them and think “yeah that’s when I was just a kid having fun” I see them as old. :no_mouth:

Do you mean arkham knight? Because in that one you did had to use the batmobile a lot.

Yeah, I read somewhere only young people like 3D. :grin:

1 Like

Arkham Asylum came out in 2009. That’s only 11 years ago. Tomb Raider came out 24 years ago, and I still think of it as comparatively modern. Super Mario Bros. is 35 years old. Pong is 48 years old.

Really beautifully rendered scene and good voice acting. I need to see gameplay though. They kinda mention that characters play differently and take time to master, but I gotta see it to believe it. I’m curious what kind of combat they will lean towards and types of mechanics they offer.

I do like hearing that it is multiplayer though! I do like playing with friends but that also leads me to believe it is gonna be a beat 'em up or something.

Get off my 8-bit lawn!

2 Likes

Wasn’t there an SNES game called Revenge of the Joker or some such? I remember really digging it.

Another opinion on the game: I’m not a fan of Brainiac being the main villain which is what appears to be the case. I already beat him in LEGO Batman 3 and Injustice 2. I would like another villain to take the role as the big bad guy.

There were a few versions of that game. For my money, the NES version was the best.

1 Like

Yeah! I only played the second one…I loved that game.

1 Like

a multilayer game that isn’t A fighting, lego, or shooter game? about freaking time.

Me either, he was also the main villain in dc universe online, and power rangers/Justice league. Honestly I want brainiac to stay as a simple as a superman/superman family villain not an overall Justice league villain.

Yeah I see those games as old/classic

Beat 'em ups are pretty fun in the arcade since it is a 30-45 minute endeavor. They tend to be way too simple though and not engaging enough for long hours. If you’re gonna drop 60 bucks retail, you better get good hours of entertainment outta it. An excellent beat em up in recent years was Rockstar’s The Warriors though. The depth of combat was amazing but so was the story and the missions.

I havent played a beat em up in a long time, heck I don’t remember the last time I played one. Although I do plan on getting Yakuza some time.