Thoughts on the Future of the DCEU

It seems like both the mcu and the dceu are getting into the multiverse. I think though it’s better for dc since they have multiple movies to connect to.

I think they should make a zatanna and justice league dark movie or show and a bat family show

1 Like

I think we’re gonna have a bit of a mixed bag when it comes to DC’s cinematic adventures. I believe the DCEU as we know it will move on in some form. The snyder cut is probably going to do well (whether people enjoy it or not) and that’ll be the mainline cannon instead of the theatrical cut. From there, we’ll see some multiverse mix ups in the Flash film that’ll probably lead to some casting changes and a slightly new continuity. That’ll be what we consider the main cinematic universe. I think off of that we’ll also get what I’m deaming the “elseworlds” films. This is like The Batman universe, the Joker universe, and some other new content that aren’t considered cannon in the main Earth 1 stuff. After Dark Apocalypse [SPOILERS]: it looks like we’ll be getting a fresh reboot of the animated universe as well. I think all of these various multiverses (including tv series/streaming series) will probably be doing some more crossover nonsense. Maybe we’ll be getting a few more crisis level events on the big screen that brings everyone together from all eras and all universes.

I think this is a really good thing overall. I want DC to allow directors of all backgrounds to come in and tell the story they wish to tell. To have take on the character they want. Having the multiverse allows for this because it means we can let these artists have more free reign and not worry about continuities. This is great for them, and great for us as fans! Don’t like Zack Snyder’s take of Batman, no worries. Just go watch Matt Reeve’s universe. Not liking that one? Well Batgirl on the CW is a great route to go down then. It gives all of us options and leads to most people being satisfied! I’m finally looking forward to seeing live action takes of DC again. Something I really haven’t felt in about a decade.

1 Like

The Flash movie isn’t going to have any effect on the DCEU other than adding to the established narrative of that universe.

We know this because it’s followed on the release calendar by Shazam: Fury of the Gods and Aquaman 2.

1 Like

So? In the comics its not like all heroes dissapeared agter a crisis/flashpoint. There are ways to both continue the previous story and build on in a new/slightly dofferent universe. That’s literally what the comics do all the time.

2 Likes

By the time The Flash movie gets released, both Fury of the Gods and Aquaman 2 will either be fully completed or close to being fully completed, so what happens in that film will have zero effect on them.

1 Like

Yoy realize that would be planned out before hand, right? Like, they didnt just introduce spiderman in civil war without thinking about what would happen in homecoming. I know that DCEU is a bit of a cluster ****, but they still plan stuff out. At least now they are. They even already set up major multiverse stuff for the Flash.

1 Like

I’ve legit had to school friends “Batman 101” Because they never understood which live action Batman was supposed to be which!:man_facepalming::exploding_head::joy:

1 Like

The ultimate tool for a master thief with a record? Where you type in someone’s name, date of birth, and in a few minutes they’re gone from every database on Earth?

3 Likes

The DCEU is going great. Birds of Prey was awesome, Wonder Woman '84 looks absolutely stellar, we’re getting a Flash movie with the return of Affleck’s Batman, Aquaman 2 is coming down the pipe, Shazam 2, The Suicide Squad looks like it might be what the first one should have been… I’m excited for the future!

The only holdout characters I’m still worried about are Superman and Cyborg. I really hope we get more of the two of them, and I’m not going to hide it, I care about Superman a lot more. I think Cavill and Adams are fantastic and phenomenal as Kent and Lane, and they deserve a soft-reboot solo Superman movie the way that Aquaman got and that Harley got in Birds of Prey. Hopefully the Snyder Cut does really well and that convinces WB to greenlight another Superman film. Hope springs eternal!

3 Likes

I suppose this opinion may change when the documentary comes out, but I think I’ll always wonder and maybe even desire a scrap of everything right now and restart with Justice League: Mortal. At the very least I’m not sure I’m sold on Miller as Flash but was sold without a segment on Adam Brody. There are pieces of now that I do enjoy, but there are more pieces that feel indifferent or too outlandish. Might start a thread on Mortal to get all the thoughts out.

1 Like