Thoughts on the Future of the DCEU

In this thread we will talk about the fate of the dceu and what the future holds for it. If they continue it or give it a clean slate with The Batman. Come and express your thoughts.

1 Like

The Batman is set on a different earth from the DCEU.

5 Likes

I think that the flash movie coming up will make a drastic and to some a very much needed change to the DCEU. I do enjoy the people like Henry Cavil and Ben Affleck, but with Robert Pattinson putting on the cowl. It’s looks like ether Dc is restarting their universe or they’re just adding on to their multiverse. Ether way I’m excited.

3 Likes

If this weekend taught us anything it’s that they’re really leaning into the multiverse on film…and I’m absolutely thrilled. There’s so many ways this can go.

8 Likes

I heard that the Batman movies will be a trilogy, but they could take this opportunity for a new cast if they wanted. It would be cool to see a younger justice league.

1 Like

At this rate, I’m excited to see what they’ll do with any of the movies.

Once WB parted ways with Kevin Tsujihara, the guy responsible for all the weird cuts to Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad and the man who rushed Justice League into production so it could meet a certain release date so he could get a bonus, notice how the movies after that have been growing.

7 Likes

DC Films has 7 completely new films releasing in the next 2 years, and 6 of them are explicitly part of the DCEU.

That continuity is not going anywhere.

6 Likes

The future looks bright! Give me some definitive news about Henry’s return and I will literally have no complaints!

7 Likes

I do agree with that. He was a great pick for Superman.

6 Likes

If only he would smile more! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

This the most hyped up I’ve been for DC films since they first announced JL and SS. Fandome was an amazing event that was designed with fans in mind and I couldn’t have been happier. The future of DC films is bright and Im here for it!! Take all my moneys!
giphy (3)

6 Likes

Let’s put a a smile on that face!

1 Like

I know. I can’t wait to see all of the things that come out of it!

2 Likes

This Flash film intrigues me. Barry meeting different Batmen sounds like a lot of fun.

2 Likes

I think FanDome proved to all of us that they plan on Continuing with current continuity and expanding while also offering more “outside” offerings! … i would really Love to see “Elseworlds” labels slapped on movies and animated stuff … or also “Black Label” it would also be easier for others not as much “in the know” about which version of cannon they are viewing! … it gets Tiresome explaining to friends! :joy:

5 Likes

So true! lol

1 Like

I really hope they give it a clean slate with The Batman.

1 Like

I think they’ve done well by keeping their movies at arms length, you don’t have to watch all the movies to get what others are about, but if you do watch them all it does connect in small ways, if they keep that up they’ll do fine

I don’t know. I watched the multiverse panel, and watched all the trailers, read the news about the Flash, etc. Seems to me like the mishmash of styles, tones and takes will continue, with “multiverse” being the prime explanation. While I do like the idea of giving creators the freedom to make the movies they want to make, something about this approach just feels… random. I look forward to the movies, and will watch them all as they come of course… but I’ve stoped thinking of DC movies as being part of any kind of “EU”.

2 Likes

And agree with everyone saying bring Cavill back. As a Superman fan, it was a bit disappointing not getting any exciting news about Supes in an event like Fandome. Oh well :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like