Thoughts on SUPERGIRL Season 4

It’s not a great show. But it is fun. To me at least.

1 Like

So the thighs have it. I definitely liked this season. there was another thread about Supergirl that i had posted in, but cannot seem to find it (perhaps i killed it?). in it, i posted how Lex outed Kara to Lena just to be mean. Cryer was a great Lex, but why he hated Kryptonians so much needed a bit more exposition for me.

Overall, I have liked their depiction of the political. Snapper Carr railing about doing the work, verifying facts. This season’s anti-alien sentiment was almost a character unto itself. politics aside, Dreamer’s constructs were not unlike some power rings we know.

As long Lena doesn’t go the big bad route and it’s more about their friendship and its rebuild. It would add to the soap of the show (soap as in soap opera). Do we really need another stab at the Luthor-House of El feud? They don’t even have to be friends at the end of the season. The smashing of the glass on the tablet does not bode well with me.

I’ve liked Legends from the beginning. I really love Black Lightning. Flash needs to take more risks or it will go stale like Arrow.

1 Like

I find all these shows watchable to greater or lesser degrees. Right now I’m in the middle of LoT and think it’s really good. As long as these shows have an audience, I think they still have more in the tank story wise. Though Arrow has been my favorite, it was probably time. Hope it goes out with a bang.

I really enjoyed Legends this past season. The finale was incredibly corny, but the majority of the season was consistently silly.

Supergirl started out fairly balanced. I was very concerned when they introduced a right-wing character. However, they did a decent job of at least attempting to make the character sympathetic. But, in the end, he was proven to be a megalomaniac; and even his own son turned his back. So, my concerned were well founded after all. (Not that I mind having a right-wing bad guy. I just hoped the storytelling would have been consistent.) Lex was a great character. Red Daughter was pretty good, but not great. I also hope Lena doesn’t turn bad; or at the very least, they give her more to make her turn. “You lied, so now I’m evil.” That’s too simplistic. Overall, this season had way too many storylines. And, I’ll get blasted but, Alex is the most annoying character. She’s supposedly an amazingly strong person; strong enough to head up a clandestine federal agency. And yet, she is constantly complaining about her personal life. Clean up her personal life! Nobody cares that she’s gay. Her friends and family are all super supportive. There’s no conflict here!

I stopped watching Black Lightening. The first season started strong. But it just got to be too boring.

I enjoyed Arrow’s run. But I’m glad they ended it. This season was stronger than the previous two, but that’s not saying a whole lot.

Flash’s season was probably the weakest of all the CW shows. It was largely predictable, and none of our characters has progressed.