thoughts on new episode of Titans

For me this was their best episode yet!!!
What about you guys?

2 Likes

Another great episode

2 Likes

Eight episodes in now, they were smart to renew early, this show is fantastic! Pretty-much my favorite comic book show, obviously looking forward to The Punisher and Jessica Jones final seasons. This show and app is going to be the refuge for dark, gritty, mature, vigilante comic book based shows. Way to go DC Universe!

2 Likes

Damn good episode

3 Likes

One of my favorite episodes so far.

2 Likes

Personally I thought it dragged. Next episode looks like it’s going to be a flashback episode which doesn’t make much sense considering we are at the tail end of the season

1 Like

I was thrilled that we got the TRUE Donna!!!

1 Like

Oh, you guys say that about every episode :wink:

3 Likes

Best episode besides Doom Patrol. Donna is perfectly cast. Totally get her life and love the classic backstory. Love seeing her use some powers and the name dropping is music to my ears. Hope she sticks around at least recurring. I have to admit not impressed with this series in the beginning. In fact it was a bit of a mess in look and scripts but it has really shaped up. Still some problems with the overall grey washed out look. You guys are really doubling down on making DC Live action look like a dark cold film noir world. Probably Geoff Johns. That look is appropriate for Gotham City because that’s its personality but if every place is dark and twisted than nothing is. In this Universe Los Angeles or Miami is probably This episode would have been a good opportunity to brighten up now that we’re in Donna’s world. And so impressed to see Dick’s journey from Robin to Nightwing being written so well. Glad I stuck around overall.

2 Likes

That cold open may be my favorite live action DC Universe scene ever.

Donna is written/performed better than I could have dreamed.

Waiting two weeks for the resolution to the cliffhanger (since next week seems to be a Hawk & Dove episode) is going to be painful.

Just finished, loved it. Every week people say it was slow or worst one yet, its character building. Then when it’s all out action people say it’s too dark & violent. You can’t have it both ways. I loved the young Donna Troy & Grayson exchange, then how they ff’d & nothing had changed. Also loved the poacher scene, everybody knows WW & Donna love animals & can sense there pain. I feel sorry for that poacher when Donna tracks him down. Perfect combo of humor, action, history & defining character/team building.

1 Like

I want a Donna spinoff. She’s great.

2 Likes

This show continues to impress me. I was super skeptical at first but it has yet to really let me down. I’m happy to see that Hank & Dawn will be back next episode too, I was worried they would be neglected the rest of the season. Also, I dig the Nightwing foreshadowing. At several point in this weeks episode, I caught myself saying “Nightwing” out loud. Very cool to see Donna Troy and I thought her portrayal was fairly accurate. Starfire is the one character I thought would get lost in translation but she has been great, knocks it out of the park every episode. I bet we won’t get to see a Kid Flash, Super Boy or Speedy but maybe a Aqualad in the future would be cool, personally I’d like to see Garth.

1 Like

WB needs to pay attention to Titans, this is how they need to do the movies.

Move away from origin/Year 1 stories and just drop us into the story.

I hope Donna Troy becomes a recurring character and that we eventually have the entire Wolfman/Perez team (Cyborg belongs in the Titans, not the JL).

The Titans have great villains (Deathstroke and Brother Blood) who had great long stories.