Thought on Titans season premiere

It’s a little too edgy, even for Batman. The pilot is not amazing but decent to say the least. I don’t like how Star fire’s personality is so different from her comic book counterpart. Dick Grayson has Jason Todd’s personality but is called Dick Grayson.
Raven looks like she belongs in a twilight movie, and I can’t so much for beast boy.
I have faith that this show won’t be trash, but I can see it going down the wrong path as most of dc’s live action content these days. But hey, at least it better than teen titans go.

Now that I think about it, most things are better than teen titans go. Good look on making this a decent or maybe good show and f#*k Batman. :clap::clap:

1 Like

OMG the worst thing I’ve ever seen

Senseless violence and just all around stupid

Shame on you Geoff Johns and Greg Berlanti, you obviously don’t care about all the fans who read the Titans comics or the fans of your previous work

It’s so bad it makes me angry

Forget that it has none of the spirit and sensibility of the characters we love, what you’ve made here is flat out bad in terms of story, you’ve done nothing to explain who these characters are and how their choices make any sense or mean anything

All you seem to want is to play around in an R rated setting

Shame on you!

3 Likes

Awesome! The fight in the alley reminded me of the warehouse fight from BvS. I could see the characters in each actors face. I absolutely loved it and look forward to the rest of the season!

450.jpg

I was genuinely bored. It’s jusy throws you into it and I’ve no idea what is happening. Starfire id not the Starfire I grew up with and this just isn’t Titans at all. Well, only in tje title lol. I don’t understand why DC can’t do it’s own universe any justice. Still just the first episode, but if you can’t hook me into it with the first episode, then I can’t expect it to get mucj better. This is your Flagship? Hope not.

2 Likes

Honestly I’m enjoying it I was worried the show was going to be bad but it looks good interesting I think you could definitely be better but I love a lot of things are going for with these characters for instance the fact that this version of Raven was what if she was raised as a normal girl and not in a weird magical Church dimension I also liked that they seem to be attempting to bring an elements of Starfire’s New 52 version and that’s more or less what I was expecting them to do when I saw how she looked and I like how they’re doing it by having her have amnesia so she still is the same Starfire we love but we still get Implements of that newer darker version of her Beast Boy can’t really judge yet because he was a cameo at best at least in this episode and Robin I don’t really have any strong feelings one way or another at least not yet though I did notice some other things my main criticisms about this first episode of the least is that some of the scenes felt a bit unnecessary like did we really need the scenes of Raven school life I know they were just super short but they felt a little unnecessary since this show doesn’t really need to hit a certain time stamp and I feel those scenes could have been used to better set up Beast Boy may be as one of her classmates seeing as the whole demon reflection thing could have been done on her bus ride to Detroit

I really enjoyed this show. I’m already exhausted by all this nerd rage. It seems like people have been waiting for weeks to complain about the show not being like the kids’ cartoon. To everyone complaining that this pilot is the worst thing ever, I double-dog dare you to watch 20 minutes of the 90s Flash series pilot. I liked everything I saw, am intrigued for more, and can’t wait to not listen to people complaining that other shows are better or that Starfire’s actress needs to be orange and dressed in a metal bikini. Plus, I’m sure that everybody in the DC Universe has said F Batman when they were 100% sure he could not hear them. Except Billy Batson. And CW’s Ray Palmer. No pilot is ever good, but this one left me wanting more. See ya next week.

2 Likes

It was a great start for me. Some of ravens acting was meh. Other than that, it was great.

A. Turn the lights up…scenes shot too dark.
B. Dick made Detective in one year on a lateral transfer from Gotham? BS.
C. His new partner is beautiful.
D. Let’s hope things ramp up.

1 Like

I don’t get the comments about straying from the comics. I didn’t get that at all, especially the origin of half of these characters - New Teen Titans (1980).

Beast Boy in the comics is about flirting with the girls and getting instant gratification. So stealing a video game makes perfect sense.
Comics Starfire was sent to a foreign place and trained how to be a killer by warlords. In fact, there’s a whole conversation she has (with Cyborg) about her (and his) nature is different than Dick’s and it’s hard for them to do things his way (less violence). So, it makes perfect sense to me that she would be a badass fighter, with reflexive muscle memory that kicks in even when she has amnesia.
Raven is a half Demon. She was the founder of the 1980 series because she wanted help from Robin (Beast Boy/Changeling and Starfire). This story started with her wanting help from Robin. In the comics she is constantly battling with her dark side. It was the same in this too. She wanted her mom and Dick to lock her up so she didn’t hurt people.
If you just look at the 1980 version of Titans, Robin is the most different. In that, he’s way more likes Supes than he is like Bats. In this, he’s clearly more like Bats. And that is exactly why he left Gotham.

3 Likes

Also. Starfire wasn’t orange. She was gold (which did show up in the live action pilot). Yes, she looked like a hooker/prostitute/call girl/whatever. But she was wearing way more clothes in this than anything I’ve seen elsewhere (except for the adolescent cartoons). The only problem I had with the hair was that it was too short. In the comics is was long and curly (not straight). And it was way long. Almost clownish long. So, why not play on the clownish aspect and do what they did?

1 Like

I’m hoping the cloths and hair will turn out to be that before her amnesia, she went undercover to try to infiltrate a bad guy organization for some reason and the reason they tries to kill her on the road was because they discovered she was spying on them or something.

Once she regains her full memories, she’ll change outfit to something more decent until she somehow gets a suit and she can start s2 with a new long hair style to match her comic look more

Anyone know what the song at the end is ?

I think the show has potential. I liked the parts with Robin and Raven. Dick seemed a little violent in this but from the way he was watching his news coverage and his conversation with Amy, it seemed like that might be why he was trying to distance himself from Batman. I’ve seen the actor in a few other movies and I think he could definitely pull off the lighter more charming parts of Grayson’s character too. I thought the parts with Raven were interesting. I was not as impressed with Starfire’s storyline. The actress seems good. The storyline just seems too far away from a typical origin story. I think of Starfire as being new to Earth but here she seems to have been around so long she’s had plenty of time to go undercover for a year with these gangsters. Too early to weigh in on Beast Boy.

My concern is that I hope they don’t mess the show up by throwing in too many characters too soon. This is a problem I see in DC’s shows. It’s like they want to toss in every hero or new character they can without really developing the characters they already had.

After getting a lot more hesitant after that first trailer, I found myself really enjoying this pilot. Really enjoyed Robin and Raven, and Starfire’s story has a very interesting start, even if amnesia is kind of cliche. Looking forward to seeing more of these guys in action!

2 Likes

I liked it can’t wait for the next episode

1 Like

I dig it. I love me some Wolfman & Perez Teen Titans. This isn’t that and I’m okay with it. I’m fine with the grim tone and a little blood shed. You ask me, tone wasn’t the problem with Batman v Superman. I love the feel of that film and this pilot. Don’t be afraid to deviate! Make it your own! Reimagine these worlds! Nice work, DC.

2 Likes

Exactly! Everything outside the comics are elaeworlds stories and it’s just about how the stories are executed and comparing to the comics too much.

The important thing is about getting the core mythology of the source material. Liberties taken is fine if done well with characters and stories

Its extremely good, cant wait for the next episode

1 Like

It was freaking awesome! Felt like The Crow+original TMNT. Very relatable and very goth. Can’t wait to see next one. #beadick