This Is So Wrong!

I was on Facebook and just saw this picture without reading! Unless Wonder Woman is undercover or spying on Darkseid, this is so wrong! I mean come on, Wonder Woman is a goodguy and Darkseid is a badguy, I was fine with her falling in love with Superman, I mean come on, who would want to see Batgirl falling in love with The Joker? :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

:flushed:

6183cc474094459095d1c93570f74fcd

It’s not often I’m public with any of my negative opinions but I’m pretty sure nobody asked for this… not even Tumblr.

8 Likes

We literally have no information on the actual story. Why are we making impulsive and upset responses to a cover that is purposefully controversial to draw in purchases (just like plenty of other covers)? I’m pretty sure there’s a cliché quote about judging books by covers, but maybe it’s slipping my mind. So, let’s just hold the outrage until we actually read the story.

7 Likes

I think this is a variant cover for Justice League Infinity, and it’s probably meant to evoke those “WTF I gotta see what’s going on” covers where the thing on the cover either has additional context that makes it make sense, or it doesn’t happen at all.

You know, the original clickbait.

10 Likes

… Batgirl and The Joker, you say? :thinking:

4 Likes

To what I can tell this started in Super friends. Darkseid was determined to marry Wonder Woman, who just wanted to stay away from him.

10 Likes

Women, why do they still fall in love with genocidinal maniacs?

Next Donohue

7 Likes

Strange and shocking as this is, I don’t actually have any problem w/ it. The opening arc of Justice League Infinity has been dealing w/ the multiverse, and after the end of the last issue, it looks like Diana went to a world where she and Darkseid are/were lovers. Does it mean she’ll actually kiss some version of Darkseid in the issue? Maybe. Is this all absolutely insane? Of course. But at the same time, this is from an alternate world from the DCAU, so it’s pretty separate from the main comics. If anything, I’m more intrigued to see how this plays out in the next issue

7 Likes

Ew. I need to unsee that. :see_no_evil:

6 Likes

:face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: PLEASE be an anooying clickbait to get people to buy the issue, please

6 Likes

This seems likely to be the goal, although it actually has the opposite effect on me regarding buying the issue. Or having any desire to read it, ever. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

same

5 Likes

:00_wonder_woman_gold: In your DREAMS, Darkseid…

Clickbait.

6 Likes

You know, I’ve been racking my brain thinking “Didn’t something like this happen recently? Where a villainous character took a romantic interest in the strong female lead of something? And wasn’t it a little weird?”. And I could not place what I was thinking of.
I’m pretty sure I’m thinking of Spike and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Which it bothers me that that feels recent to me.
Darkseid is one character where, even in an Elseworlds story, it’s hard picturing him as anything close to good or sympathetic. Lex Luthor or even the Joker, it’s a lot easier to portray them as anti-heroes or even tragic figures, but it would have to be a pretty messed up world for Darkseid to seem heroic, or like a good catch for Diana. I am curious about it now, though.

6 Likes

For DC recently…
Could it be Stargirl? Shiv seems to be in lust with Courtney and normally acts like a jilted lover.

4 Likes

:laughing:

4 Likes

Maybe its mouth to mouth resuscitation and the picture’s sideways.

Maybe she was trying to take something out of his eye and their braces locked

4 Likes

Here is a much more appropriate Diana and Darkseid interaction:

4 Likes

:flushed: :eyes: :nauseated_face:

4 Likes

AGREED @Angel212! :+1: :raised_hands: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

4 Likes