Think You Know Wildcat? Get Featured in DC Universe Encyclopedia!

This week, we’re asking DC fans to submit their fun trivia facts about a character who the world knew as the heavyweight boxing champion but was the person who taught heroes how to throw, and land, a punch. The mantle has primarily been held by only one person, but for a brief while their goddaughter took it over. This hero is able to see in the dark perfectly, but it was after a run-in with the villain Ian Karkul that their aging process slowed down significantly. Of course, we can only be talking about the one and only Wildcat!

Let us know all your little-known intel in the comments below, and it could be selected for featuring in our new “Trivia” Encyclopedia section! Anyone whose Fun Facts are selected will receive a rare “Daily Planet Editor” badge!

Remember – All facts MUST be cited with their source to be considered for- it can be any source! Just be sure you cite it.

Would You Like To Know More?

—CITE your facts with a credible source by providing a link, a magazine, commentary, DVD featurettes; anything that can validate your fact.

—If we are not able to VALIDATE your fact, or if it does not fit the tone of our Encyclopedia entries, we may not use the fact right away.

—If REPEAT facts are submitted that we would like to use, the first user to post that fact will receive the credit.

—You can submit AS MANY facts as you’d like! However, submission to this thread DOES NOT guarantee that your fact will be selected for featuring in the Encyclopedia. The selection process is entirely up to the discretion of DC Universe.

—We have RECRUITED our very own @HubCityQuestion master of all trivia, to help sort out the facts and answer the questions you have moving forward in our weekly installments. He remains duty-bound to keep this party going!

—We will be accepting fun facts now through Tuesday, June 2nd!

—To ensure your information has not ALREADY BEEN CITED in our existing Encyclopedia, you can find the current Wildcat entry here:

https://www.dcuniverse.com/encyclopedia/wildcat/

3 Likes

His first Appearance was in Sensation Comics in January of 1942.
He has a son, Thomas Bronson, and a Goddaughter, Yolanda Montez. Both of whom have taken his place either as a trainee or as an heir to the title.

1 Like

Thomas appears in Justice Society of America (2006). Written by Geoff Johns. The two get off to a rocky start given that Ted never knew about him and Tom didn’t want anything to do with him. But they became very close throughout Johns’ run.
I don’t really know much about Yolanda other than her exist and the fact that she’s his Goddaughter.

1 Like

He has a Catocycle that first appears in B:TB&B episode Enter the Outsiders.

1 Like

Since 1947, Wildcat has been an owner of a silver mine.

Source: Sensation Comics #63

2 Likes

Wildcat was played by J.R. Ramirez in season 3 of “Arrow”.

2 Likes

Wildcat was created by Bill Finger and Irwin Hasen.

Not quite! The Catocycle is significantly older than the show.

1 Like

Just a note that first appearances, casting, storyline summaries, and creators aren’t quite what we’re looking for here. We’re looking for juicier tidbits — the more specific the better.

1 Like

Darn it! Foiled again!

Wildcat drinks his trademark post workout shake called “Tiger Tonic” which ingredients contain a can of tuna two bananas 3 drops of hot sauce and one raw egg all blended.

Batman brave and the bold: enter the outsiders

2 Likes

See, THIS is a perfect fun fact.

1 Like

Glad you like it, I just realized I missed the cutoff date of the 2nd.

1 Like

wildcat has a son named Jake Grant

I looked into this, and Wildcat gave away the mine at the end of the issue. (This is why you shouldn’t necessarily pull your facts from wikis. :P)

1 Like

Ted’s children are mentioned in the encyclopedia entry.

Oh, my mistake :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Good to know.

His costume really smell stinking on the inside!

Source-Stargirl episode Wildcat.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like