Think You Know Lex Luthor? Get Featured in DC Universe Encyclopedia!

This week, we’re asking DC fans to submit their fun trivia facts about the most intelligent man on earth. A character happy to use his mind and means to aid in the pursuit of his nefarious plans, he appears to much of the world as the epitome of success with few knowing the truth about this his vendetta against the hero, Superman. Of course, we can only be talking about the one and only Lex Luthor!

Let us know all your little-known intel in the comments below, and it could be selected for featuring in our new “Trivia” Encyclopedia section! Anyone whose Fun Facts are selected will receive a rare “Daily Planet Editor” badge!

Remember – All facts MUST be cited with their source to be considered for- it can be any source! Just be sure you cite it.

Would You Like To Know More?

—CITE your facts with a credible source by providing a link, a magazine, commentary, DVD featurettes; anything that can validate your fact.

—If we are not able to VALIDATE your fact, or if it does not fit the tone of our Encyclopedia entries, we may not use the fact right away.

—If REPEAT facts are submitted that we would like to use, the first user to post that fact will receive the credit.

—You can submit AS MANY facts as you’d like! However, submission to this thread DOES NOT guarantee that your fact will be selected for featuring in the Encyclopedia. The selection process is entirely up to the discretion of DC Universe.

——We have RECRUITED our very own @HubCityQuestion master of all trivia, to help sort out the facts and answer the questions you have moving forward in our weekly installments. He remains duty-bound to keep this party going!

—We will be accepting fun facts now through Tuesday, March 31st!

—To ensure your information has not ALREADY BEEN CITED in our existing Encyclopedia, you can find the current Lex Luthor entry here:

https://www.dcuniverse.com/encyclopedia/lex-luthor/

2 Likes

This isn’t so much a citation as a suggestion, but the “Essential Storylines and History” really should include a summary of “The Black Ring” from Action Comics #890-900.

4 Likes

Lex once owned a grocery store called Lex-Mart. (Ex. Action Comics 684)
-M

3 Likes

Forbes ranked him as the fourth wealthiest fictional character.

Source: 10 Things You Need To Know About Lex Luthor | ScreenRant

2 Likes

When he was president, Luthor injected himself with a mixture of synthesized Venom and liquid kryptonite so as to build up his strength against Superman.

Source: Superman/Batman #6 (2004)

4 Likes

He got detention for stealing 40 cakes from the Smallville school bake sale

Superman #709

7 Likes

Lex Luthor has actually deduced Superman’s true identity using computer analysis but refused to accept it because he believed Superman would never stoop so low as to “pretend to be a mere human.”

Source: Superman #2

6 Likes

Did Mercy approve this thread? I need to speak with my front office.

5 Likes

And that’s terrible.

4 Likes

Superboy made Lex bald.

Adventure Comics #271. 1960, Superman co-creator Jerry Siegel.

A young Lex Luthor and Superboy met in smallville. The science-minded and redheaded Luthor saves Superboy from a kryptonite meteor. In appreciation, Superboy builds a lab that Lex uses to develop a cure for krypotnite poisoning. The good times and their friendship grind to a halt, pretty quick. A fire breaks out in Lex’s lab and Clark uses “super-breath” to blow out. This causes a container of acid to fall on the genetically engineered protoplasm Lex was using to synthesize his kryptonite poisoning cure, and the dying protoplasm belches out a vapor that causes Luthor’s hair to fall out. It led to the youngest and arguably bitter feuds between the two.

2 Likes

When reinventing Luthor for his 1986 reboot of the Superman franchise, John Byrne based Lex on a mixture of Donald Trump, Ted Turner and Howard Hughes.
Source: Was Lex Luthor in Man of Steel Based on Donald Trump? | CBR

Although Luthor’s bald look is iconic, it first appeared due to a mistake on the part of the artist.
Source: Comic Book Urban Legends Revealed #79 | CBR

Luthor first appeared living in a flying dirigible. It crashed, suggesting that he perished, but obviously he survived to fight the Man of Steel another day.
Source: Action Comics #23

3 Likes

Lex Luthor isn’t actually the founder of Lex Corp in the DCEU, the real founder was his Father who was born in Germany. The founder was Lex Luthor Sr.
Source: Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Wow! A LOT of great facts this week, holy cow! You folks love your Luthor. I’m gonna have some trouble winnowing this one down.

3 Likes

Huzzah! Looks like my entry made it and I obtained a Daily Planet badge!

3 Likes

Congratulations, I really like your entry, I cant wait to see it in the encyclopedia.

1 Like

Lex tried making his own version of social media, he called it Lexima,
source: Lex Luthor/Porky Pig special #1

1 Like