Think You Know King Shark? Get Featured in DC Universe Encyclopedia!

This week, we’re asking DC fans to submit their fun trivia facts about a character who is from Hawaii, his father is the “King of All Sharks” or Shark God, his given name is Nanaue, originally the enemy of Superboy, but more commonly associated with the Secret Six and the Suicide Squad. Of course, we can only be talking about the one and only King Shark!

Let us know all your little-known intel in the comments below, and it could be selected for featuring in our new “Trivia” Encyclopedia section! Anyone whose Fun Facts are selected will receive a rare “Daily Planet Editor” badge!

Remember – All facts MUST be cited with their source to be considered for- it can be any source! Just be sure you cite it.

Would You Like To Know More?

—CITE your facts with a credible source by providing a link, a magazine, commentary, DVD featurettes; anything that can validate your fact.

—If we are not able to VALIDATE your fact, or if it does not fit the tone of our Encyclopedia entries, we may not use the fact right away.

—If REPEAT facts are submitted that we would like to use, the first user to post that fact will receive the credit.

—You can submit AS MANY facts as you’d like! However, submission to this thread DOES NOT guarantee that your fact will be selected for featuring in the Encyclopedia. The selection process is entirely up to the discretion of DC Universe.

——We have RECRUITED our very own @HubCityQuestion master of all trivia, to help sort out the facts and answer the questions you have moving forward in our weekly installments. He remains duty-bound to keep this party going!

—We will be accepting fun facts now through Tuesday, March 24th!

—To ensure your information has not ALREADY BEEN CITED in our existing Encyclopedia, you can find the current King Shark entry here:

https://www.dcuniverse.com/encyclopedia/king-shark/

4 Likes

King Shark once bit off and ate his mother’s arm, which she allowed him to do because he was hungry.

Source: Superboy #9 (1994)

6 Likes

FACT: King Shark is a shark.

(Reference source: he’s a shark)

9 Likes

King Shark worked for Haley Circus as the freak strongman.

Source:Flashpoint: Deadman and the Flying Graysons #1

4 Likes

the first time king shark ever appeared was in a cameo in superboy voume 4 issue #0 before he made a full appearance in superboy #9 in November 1994

In the flashpoint event he was killed by amazons while trying to save dr fate, he was a big part of the haley’s circus.

(i dont know where this comes from, but i found it on wikipedia, i cant post links on here soooo)

2 Likes

If this isn’t featured I’ll be upset

5 Likes

Hey, Big Joe! Thanks for submitting. Just a few notes: King Shark’s first appearance is already covered in the encyclopedia, and isn’t typically what we’re looking for in a Fun Fact. Flashpoint, too, is more of a one-off sort of deal, and we’d like to focus more on interesting things about either the main King Shark or his adaptations in other media.

1 Like

He once went around killing priests of the Order of the Thorny Crown. It was in the Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis run after Infinite Crisis.

1 Like

He is announced as one of the members of The Suicide Squad in James Gunn’s The Suicide Squad movie.

Source: Deadline (it won’t let me post the link)

1 Like

King Shark is based on a real Hawaiian legend of a half-shark demigod named Nanaue, “The King of All Sharks.” (Source: https://www.to-hawaii.com/legends/nanaue.php)

1 Like

You know, the thing about King Shark: he’s got lifeless eyes, black eyes like a doll’s eyes. When he comes at you, he doesn’t seem to be living–until he bites you. Then those black eyes roll over white, and then, ah, then you hear that terrible high-pitch screaming, the ocean turns red, and despite all the pounding and the hollering, he comes in and rips you to pieces.

1 Like