Think You Know Green Arrow? Get Featured in DC Universe Encyclopedia!

Oliver Queen once singlehandedly defeated Solomon Grundy.
SN: His bow weight is 103 pounds pulled.

(Green Arrow Vol 3 #18 ((2001, Meltzer and Hester).

He posed as Artemis Crocks’s uncle in the Young Justice animated series… even though he isn’t her uncle.

@HubCityQuestion I just received a Daily Planet Editor badge for a contribution to an encyclopedia entry. Which fact wound up in the Green Arrow entry? I don’t see it. Thanks in advance.

I know it won’t count but I wanted to add it anyway

When is the next one?

A new “Think You Know” thread goes up every Tuesday!

Coolio

It’ll be added in the next encyclopedia update, but you got the credit for Green Arrow’s chili.

2 Likes

@HubCityQuestion Cool! The new phone books are in I’m somebody!

I was thrill to get another Daily Planet badge. Thankyou @HubCityQuestion!:grinning:

2 Likes

Keep on submitting! If you get enough of them in, you may qualify for the rare “Editor in Chief” badge!

2 Likes

I know I am too late to be included in the encyclopedia, but I am full of love for this grandpa and facts.

• In Green Arrow (1988) issue 41, Ollie wandered into Canada without realizing it.
    -Ollie was once framed for terrorism by the United States government. (See Green Arrow [1988] issue 38)
    -Oliver saw a therapist named Dr. Annie Green. (See Green Arrow [1988] issue 1 as Green Arrow [1988] issue 33)
    -Ollie wore a vast collection of knitwear in the Mike Grell era of his comics (See This thread for examples)
    -Ollie has a tendency to run off and isolate himself when he is upset. Two good examples of this are in the trades Green Arrow: Here There Be Dragons and Green Arrow: Last Action Hero
    -Ollie once met Coyote, if Native American belief (which is especially ironic considering his adoptive son Roy Harper was raised on a Navajo reservation). This is in Green Arrow (1988) issues 29 and 30.
    -Oliver Queen and Shado have a son, Robert Queen. Ollie have the baby an arrowhead necklace. (See Green Arrow [1988] issue 24)
    -Oliver Queen has had problems with alcoholism in the past (See Green Arrow: Year One and Green Arrow [1988] issues 19 and 30)
    -Ollie worked as a delivery man for Dinah Lance’s shop Sherwood Florist (see Green Arrow [1988] issue 13).
    -Ollie’s motivations for being a superhero were “I’ve got the money, I’ve got the time, and god knows I have nothing better to do” (Secret Origins (1986) issue 39)
    -Ollie considers Lian Harper his granddaughter (see The Longbow Hunters issue 1)

Okay, that’s all the Ollie Facts I have sources for tonight. Thanks folks!
-C

1 Like

I always liked Hawkman.