Think You Know Cassandra Cain/Orphan? Get Featured in DC Universe Encyclopedia!

This week, we’re asking DC fans to submit their fun trivia facts about a character who is commonly associated with Batman, daughter of assassins David Cain and Lady Shiva, was deprived of speech and human contact during her childhood as conditioning to become the world’s greatest assassin, found new life as the fourth Batgirl…of course we can only be talking about Cassandra Cain/Orphan!

Let us know all your little-known intel in the comments below, and it could be selected for featuring in our new “Trivia” Encyclopedia section! Anyone whose Fun Facts are selected will receive a rare “Daily Planet Editor” badge!

Remember – All facts MUST be cited with their source to be considered for- it can be any source! Just be sure you cite it.

Would You Like To Know More?

—CITE your facts with a credible source by providing a link, a magazine, commentary, DVD featurettes; anything that can validate your fact.

—If we are not able to VALIDATE your fact, or if it does not fit the tone of our Encyclopedia entries, we may not use the fact right away.

—If REPEAT facts are submitted that we would like to use, the first user to post that fact will receive the credit.

—You can submit AS MANY facts as you’d like! However, submission to this thread DOES NOT guarantee that your fact will be selected for featuring in the Encyclopedia. The selection process is entirely up to the discretion of DC Universe.

——We have RECRUITED our very own @HubCityQuestion master of all trivia, to help sort out the facts and answer the questions you have moving forward in our weekly installments. He remains duty-bound to keep this party going!

—We will be accepting fun facts now through Tuesday, February 18th!.

—To ensure your information has not ALREADY BEEN CITED in our existing Encyclopedia, you can find the current Huntress entry here:

https://www.dcuniverse.com/encyclopedia/orphan/

3 Likes

Confession: I did the easy thing and googled.

Here is a fun fact I found:

She was trained to be Ra’s Al Ghul’s bodyguard.

Sources:

1 Like

OHHHHH BUCKLE UP, EVERYBODY. Y’ALL BETTER BRING IT, because Cass is MY GIRL

6 Likes

Takes a virtual bow to @HubCityQuestion’s superior knowledge of all things DC.

1 Like

Cassandra Cain’s favorite flavor of ice cream is chocolate. Source: Batgirl (2000-) #13.

4 Likes

Under the alias of Kasumi, Cassandra was once part of a JLA black ops team called Justice League Elite.

Source: Justice League Elite #9

1 Like

Batman 567

Cass’s first word was “stop”

Batgirl (2000) 4

At 8 years old, she killed Faizul, a “bookkeeper” for a criminal organization.

Batgirl (2000) 6

A telepath rewrote Cass’s brain so that she could speak English. This greatly negated her fighting abilities.

Secret Files and Origins: Batgirl

Cass took out a Barbara Gordon- Batgirl simulation in .37 seconds.

Young Justice: Season 3

Cass has two appearances, including the last episode of the season.

Justice League

Cass makes an uncredited appearance in the episode “Savage Time”

and HCQ. GET IN LINE! It starts behind me.

3 Likes

she was the first Batgirl to have a solo comic (Batgirl 2000#1) Cassandra was adopted by Bruce Wayne in (Batgirl 2008 #6 ) her first kiss was Conner Kent Superboy (Batgirl 2000 #40) she was the first person to defeat Lady Shiva in single combat (Batgirl 2000 #25) she was called Cassandra for the first time in the novelization of no Man’s Land by Greg Rucka. She has technically died twice first time in (Batgirl 2000# 25) the other time in (batgirl 2000 # 72 and is resurrected both times by Lady Shiva the first timers through a special technique and the second time was the Lazarus pit.

4 Likes

(Damn, I was gonna do the chocolate and the first word ones! You guys are quick on the draw)

After realizing she could not best him in hand to hand combat due to his nonsensical body language, Cassandra Cain once beat the Joker by walking away and saying she was bored now. (DC First: Batgirl/Joker, 2002)

Cass once wore Barbara’s old Batgirl costume out on patrol. She immediately slipped on the high heels. (Batgirl 2000, #45)

Cass also is commonly associated with a rose motif, beginning in her Batgirl run and most recently showing up in her cape in Shadow of the Batgirl, but I’m not sure how to cite that

4 Likes

She has the skills to beat even Batman in hand to hand combat and he knows it.

Source: Detective Comics (2016) #951

4 Likes