Think You Know Black Canary? Get Featured in DC Universe Encyclopedia!

Black Canary has released two EPs.

EP 1
EP 2

Dinah was the lead singer of Ashes on Sunday (Batgirl of Burnside) before fronting her band Black Canary (Black Canary, 2015/DCYou). Black Canary (band) consisted of Dinah, Paloma Terrific, Lord Byron, and Ditto.

1 Like

“Siu Jerk Jai” (approximation of Cantonese “小雀仔”) is a nickname that was given to Black Canary by her sensei and it means “little bird”. - Gail Simone’s BoP

2 Likes

I see a lot of interesting facts this week! No surprise that you’re all showing love for BC.

1 Like

Black Canary is discovered pregnant with Green Arrow’s child in Injustice: Gods Among Us Year 2 #13. She gives birth to a baby boy in #15 and names him Connor, most likely as a reference to Connor Hawke.

Sources:

Den of Geek
GeekxGirls

Do you know when the facts will be entered into the encyclopedia?

Nope! All I do is curate, fact check, and send them to the office!

Black Canary burned her 80’s costume on the cover of Action Comics #609

2 Likes

She and the JL allowed toys based on them to be sold for charity to the victims of super-villains.

From the Bloodspell graphic novel

1 Like

Black Canary is a committed technophobe. Source: Birds of Prey (1999-) #1

Black Canary once dated a Viking. Source: Birds of Prey (1999-) #30.

1 Like

Boy oh boy, Dinah time!!
*Dinah has naturally black hair! She wore a wig originally, but as of being in the Birds of Prey started dying her hair. (See Birds of Prey [2007], issue 100)

• Dinah was the one to help Roy Harper through his addiction. (See Green Lantern/Green Arrow issues 85 and 86)
  • Dinah Lance married Oliver Queen in the Green Arrow/Black Canary wedding special. This is after the third time he proposed. The first was in The Longbow Hunters, the second in Green Arrow (2001) issue 40 and the third in Green Arrow (2001) issue 75
  • Dinah Lance’s extra ligaments in her vocal chords are what enabled her to have her sonic scream. (See Green Arrow [1989] Annual 2)
  • Dinah Lance first met (and fought) Lady Shiva in Green Annual (1988) Annual 1. Both the meeting and fighting were in friendly terms
  • Dinah saw a therapist after being tortured in the Longbow Hunter. This therapist was Dr. Annie Green. See Green Arrow (1988) issue 1
  • Dinah rescued Ollie from being tortured in the same warehouse where she had been previously tortured. (See Green Arrow [1988] issue 32)
  • Dinah is an extremely skilled hand to hand combatant, there are many examples of this but I’ll say Green Arrow (1988) issue 10 because that’s where the panels I’m looking at right now are from
  • Dinah has scars on her wrists from being tortured (See Green Arrow [1988] issue 7)
  • In the Longbow Hunters issue 1, Dinah says that while she would like to have children she wouldn’t because she’s too afraid of leaving any children she has as orphans due to her line of business
  • Ted Grant (Wildcat) taught Dinah Lance hand to hand combat when she was a child (See Black Canary [1993] issue 1)
  • The first time Dinah Lance went out as Black Canary, she stole her mother Dinah Drake’s Black Canary costume. (See Black Canary [1993] issue 1)
  • Dinah is Lian Harper’s godmother [Source] (Black Canary Friends - Comic Vine) (When I find the panel evidence I will change my citation)

This is all the BC facts I have for now but I may be back later. Happy reading everyone!
-C

1 Like

Dinah’s Canary Cry made Superman’s ears bleed. - Injustice Gods Among Us Year 2 #1

Dinah’s Canary Cry can decimate a city block. - Birds of Prey (New 52) #16

As a teenager, Dinah was interested in being a police officer like her father, but her father wasn’t very happy about that particular career choice. - Black Canary: Ignite

Dinah owned her own dojo, which had been passed down to her from her sensei. - Birds of Prey (New 52) #25

Have the facts been applied???

Because if so, I don’t see them…

1 Like

Black Canary was a gym teacher at Meadowhill School.

Source: Screenrant 16 things you didn’t know about Black Canary

Black Canary was in the movie Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (2020)

Black Canary made an appearance in The Lego Batman Movie

Black Canary appeared in the below video games.

• Batman: Brave and the Bold - The Videogame
  • Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
  • Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
  • Young Justice: Legacy
  • Injustice 2
  • Lego DC Super-Villains