they need to make a Batman tv show on the CW

A Batman tv show would be amazing. But it has to be A dark drama. I know they have a supergirl tv show and now they have a bath women show coming out. Witch means the likely hoop on a Superman or Batman tv show coming out are slim. I think that would be a big mistake

It is not a mistake it is a brilliant idea to NOT give either their own series. Superman and especially Batman are so big, they literally suck the air out of the room for everybody else. Keep them at best the very rare cameos, if at all. CWVERSE has built a brand using non-trinity characters. This is a formula that works, ask the MCU.

You have greater variety of stories you can tell, and don’t run the risk of different people going “wait, that’s not my Batman”. All it would do is stir up agro of the population both hard-core fans and general population fans. Leave them out of the CWVERSE & DCU, except for the odd cameo and then only if you really have to.

3 Likes

I like the idea of it, but since Smallville focussed on the boy scout and we’re just coming off Gotham and we’re getting a Batwoman, I’d like to see what we can expect from other characters. That said, it never hurts to have a canonical presence in the universe, since we already know that “Oracle” and “Bludhaven” are canon from Arrow; It’s not a huge leap to assume if they wanted to - they could do something with it.

3 Likes

Keep dreaming

1 Like

No they don’t

5 Likes

No Batman does not need a tv show their are other characters in the dc catalogue that deserve their own tv show but dc or WB are to stubborn for that

4 Likes

Batman and Superman have been overdone. I watch everything with both characters, but you will never build a broader audience with constantly using those 2 characters. I would love to see a Wonder Woman series, but that would hurt the films. A Wonder Woman animated series is way overdue though. I too would prefer to see more B and C tier characters developed into live action. Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Static, and so on would be perfect because they won’t have as much clout for a successful film.

4 Likes

Only if it was Batman Beyond, that could work. If they did a Batman show I would want it on here where they’re not restricted to the tone and content within the show. Sounds like we’re getting him suited up in Titans, so I would imagine they would spin it off from if they ever did make one. In all honestly, I think it would be a long time until we actually see a Batman live action show, where Bruce is primarily the lead of the show, I think he will just be used lightly and as support character for now.

If they did make a batman series which won’t happen it probably be base on Batman Beyond

The CW shows are horrible teenage dramas. Batman and Superman deserve much better.

5 Likes

The CW shows are very strong and the crossovers have proven how great they are. Crisis is bound to blow everyone away and prove DC has the absolute best comic book television.

3 Likes

I have to disagree I think there are three live action movies I could say I enjoy watching that feature Batman but honestly he’s so much better in the animated and video Game world for some reason he’s not interesting in movies or TV

1 Like

The CW is not the place for “THE” Batman. I do not need faux teen-angst frittering away the crime-ridden back alleys of Gotham.