These Characters Need A Solo Series

Rex Tyler. Six issues. That would be a cool story to explore more.

7 Likes

Well, I personally think a Black Canary title with Shiva as a major role would be a better sales bet - I don’t know if Shiva would be antagonist, villain, mentor, or some blend of those roles, but that would be my bet.

Or bring back a Question series. :wink:

7 Likes

Add me to the list of people for a Vicki Vale series. Or a mini-series or whatever…

I would read that. And maybe get Greg Rucka and Mike Perkins (of LOIS LANE fame) to do it.

Julie Madison is another character from Batman’s earliest days. I’m not sure what story you would do, but I’d buy it.

Digging more into the Batman mythos – I recently watched Tokyo Vice on HBO Max, so I could go for a Tsunetomo mini-series.

Batman-adjacent – I could go for a Ricard Dragon series, if he was done “Bruce Lee” style like in Batman: Soul of the Dragon

7 Likes

Give me a Bibbo Bibbowski mini. The creative team that wrote the “Tales of Metropolis” backup (Sean Lewis, Sami Basri) would do a great job.

9 Likes

I think Vicki Vale should have a more lighthearted touch than Rucka (but as some here know, I normally love Rucka, but Lois Lane really bounced me hard and I did not enjoy it at all). I think Tim Seeley is the type of approach I’d want to see for Vicki - lots of jokes, but a sharp sense of plot and structure too.

Julie Madison was a big part of Superheavy, but sadly hasn’t been seen much since. :frowning:

5 Likes

I only knew of her as an assassin

3 Likes

I was introduced to Lady Shiva via the Question as well, so I tend to think of her as a force of nature in the vein of those old Chuck Norris jokes. If she shows up, somebody’s getting an ass-kicking.

6 Likes

She is but she is a little more. She also trained Black Canary. Like she has a good side to her but it comes at a price.

3 Likes

coughs inconspicuously

:wink:

As for characters I’d like to see get solo ongoings:

:poisonivy_hqas: Poison Ivy (imagines @Razzzcat chiming in with a hearty “Hell. YES!”)

Pam’s got enough going on to where she could fill up an ongoing for a while.

Plus, it could crossover with Harley’s book on a yearly basis, JLA/JSA crossovers-style.

:0_lc_green_lantern_jessica_cruz1: Jessica Cruz.

@mercurie80 hit the Central Power Battery in the center with this idea.

It’s great that Jess has had co-starring gigs in multiple Justice League series, as well as Green Lanterns, but an ongoing titled “Jessica Cruz: Green Lantern” would be most welcome.

:wondersquadron1: Wonder Girls

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Its not a book starring one character.

However…it is a book that would star the holders of one mantle, that of Wonder Girl.

Donna Troy, Cassandra Sandsmark and Yara Flor in one book? Sign this guy up!

If Batgirls can work (and it does), then I’m quite confident Wonder Girls would also work.

Besides, I just want a new ongoing of some kind that stars Yara, so there. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

YES. :raised_hands:

6 Likes

Agreed with Vicki Vale, Dinah, Talia, Jess, and Lady Shiva. Shiva’s series is def overdue.

Here’s my list:

Barda

I’d like to see a miniseries that covers the time period with The Furies where she decides to break with Darkseid and his ways. Would love to see some backstory with her mama Breeda as well.

Crazy Jane

Would love to see a five or six issue arc where she goes solo against Red Jack and the only backup she has is Danny the Street. Hoping that the story would have a heavy underground element within it as well.

Rose Wilson
4hgnxus1gs871
This story would be a ten issue retrospective with a sixtyish Rose looking back at her life, with the arc dipping into key areas of her life (origin, time with the Titans, post Titans). Would love it if it could be a hunt for clues to a bigger mystery type of thing as well, kinda’ like what’s going on with Selina right now in Catwoman: Lonely City.

M’kay- that’s what I got. :smiley:

8 Likes

Would love a Ravager story, though since I was originally trying to follow the rules, I wouldn’t say so in this thread, because she did have the Fresh Hell backup series by Sean McKeever that is excellent.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t consider a backup series the same as a solo series, if you are talking about the stories at the end of a comic.

4 Likes

As an ardent Fourth World geek, I would love a Barda mini.

Hell, I’d fire up the Mother Box for a Barda ongoing as well.

Speaking of Fourth World grandeur that deserves their own solo gig…:heart: Lashina :heart:.

I have no idea what the series would be about, but whatever the plot would entail, this much is clear: Make. Mine. Lashina.

5 Likes

She got her own trade, though!

3 Likes

shiva minis would be interesting, however, I would love a redemptive earth 0 series and a Series that took place in Earth 16’s to show how sandra became head of the shadows. (Sandra has been featured in two batman Urban legends stories one shot in issue 3 and a 3 part story that started in issue 14). (i would also just love it if she were in a sequel to the shadow of the batgirl.)

Athanasia al Ghul (Injustice): a redemptive story set after she gets out of prison and begins living with her father and stepmother(Selina), and Baby Half-sister Helena. Adventures in babysitting, Hunting criminals, paling around with Power Girl as…the new Huntress, getting into trouble with Karen, all the while tracking down her brother Nightwing (Damian) to bring him to Justice.

and Angel breaker from the shadow war ark.

4 Likes

I need to read this series. I’m still getting to know Rose- she’s so awesome! Thx for the heads up on this @millernumber1. :smiley:

3 Likes

Right? Barda needs have her time in the solo spotlight. :+1:

4 Likes

Ya darn tootin’!

If Scott can have…

sits back and quietly thinks as he counts on his fingers

…what, 4 solo titles (volume 1, '89-'91, '96 and King’s mini), then Big Barda most definitely deserves her own solo spotlight of ass-kickery.

4 Likes

:raised_hands:

3 Likes