There's A New Harley Quinn Novel! Harley Quinn: Reckoning (Discussion Eventual Spoilers))

Speaking of the adaptations of these novels, I have read the OGN adaptation of Batman: Nightwalker, and that was pretty good.

2 Likes

that is a great adaptation.

so the book has been out since Tuesday and I finally started listening to it (i have it as an audio book). I am currently on Chapter nine. it does deal with some darker subject matter about campus life, but I love that Harley is striking back against those dark aspects. From a air cannon that fired no bullets, to paying back sexist professors entrenched in the old idea’s about women. this young version of Harley is great. I Want to know more about her mom. I am also intrigued by what happened to Bre. . Fight the patriarchy The Reckoning. (I am a man saying this.)

1 Like

And I just finished the book. you can tell the author Rachael Allen has a passion for Harley (and admits it in the post book thing at the end) and is in the Carrere path Harley was studying and is hoping to go into (admitted in the same end of the book thing i). I love that ty have Harley having had ADHD…recognize some of what she suffered from as I have ADHD too (I was 5 when I got diagnosed)….though I would never give Harley Chaminmil based on my own experience with it…it made me really hyper
I enjoyed the easter eggs most of all From Berny the Bever to Harley being afraid of tight spaces…this is a hit to No man’s land and how Harley was introduced (at least in the novel) to mainstream comics.

I liked the Supervillain gean idea…and that Harley has twice the joker’s level of changes it…no wonder she can out-crazy the joker. I also like that the author did not play up the old Jokerquinn relationship well having Harley interact with Joker. However, my favorite part of the book is the Epilogue. Ivy and Harley are going to meet at Gotham U. I cant wait for book 2.

1 Like

I only listened to the sample so I’m probably not much help. However I will say the chick reading/doing Harley’s voice is not right imo. She doesn’t have that New York accent I expect from Harley Quinn. That being said maybe it’s not meant to sound like that yet bc she’s harleen quinzel in this book and not Harley Quinn? Idk just doesn’t sound right to me

well, she is from Gotham in this book.

1 Like

I preordered it and read it as soon as it hit my hands. It was so good. It was much better than I expected.

2 Likes

I love this book, it was so good! I wish he would do another. I read it so fast and then was sad when I was done

1 Like

It’s been mentioned as being part of a trilogy. so more to come hopefully.

1 Like

I’m thinking of picking this up for my eldest daughter. Anything Harley is right up her alley. Does anyone have other suggestions for things she might enjoy that are similar?

1 Like

Black Canary: Breaking Silence was really good too. There is a Novel version of Mad Love that is very good too.

3 Likes

She probably already has it, but I suggest “Mad Love.”

I agree with this suggestion as it was a amazing book.

1 Like

Release date for the next book has been released: