The world today needs Superman!

Ya know I guess it’s just that Bermijo Action 1000 I’m not big on. Those others of his are freakin awesome!!

2 Likes

Majestic.

2 Likes

I could share at that one for hurs

1 Like

Whew…ok…those were some of my favorites. I guess my taste skews towards newer stuff since I started reading comics a bit late. I do like a lot of the older Superman art as well. Will share when it pops to mind.

2 Likes

Great work, moro! Looking forward to your next barrage.

2 Likes

And @DCComicsCrisis…I started responding to your 5/10 rating of Bendis run yesterday, but got interrupted by the kids. I really like it so far, both books :slightly_smiling_face:. Luckily, I copied it to my notepad so I could finish my thoughts later. Here ya go:

No love for Bendis, huh? Most of the criticisms I’ve read revolve around aging Jon, changing the family dynamic, and not liking Rogol Zaar. Basically…the whole enchilada :joy:. Here’s my view on the criticisms

• Aging Jon. Yes, it took away many father son moments that the fandom has enjoyed in the Tomasi run. Yet, I’m seeing from another angle: Jon coming into his own as a Superhero. Also, as my own son gets older, the relationship turns more towards friendship and mentorship, than parenting. I like seeing that in Clark’s relationship with Jon.
  • Changing the family dynamic…Lois temporarily going solo to write her novel. Definitely my least favorite choice. However, it does put some emphasis on Lois. Still haven’t seen this pay off, but have a feeling with Event Leviathan and the Lois Lane series we’ll see what the plan is for her. Also, I have to say…the first few issues of Man of Steel, where you can just feel Superman missing his family jumping off the page…or the obvious love Lois & Clark have for each other when they’re together…I don’t think Bendis has it in for the couple, like some folks claim.
  • Rogol Zaar…he’e super powered…his axe feeds on anger & hate…was employed by a galactic cabal of leaders to carry out their questionable agenda…very one track minded in his hate for Kryptonians, for reasons that have been trickling out in the Supergirl title. I find him to be a compelling Superman villain. Love the idea of the House of El coming together to fight him.
    So I guess I rate Bendis a lot higher than your 5/10, since I’ve really been enjoying his run. If I my words get you to lift your rating to a 5.5, I’ll consider it a personal victory :joy:
2 Likes

@moro Excellent review. I actually with most of your points. I have in fact his Superman quite a bit. It’s his Action run that knocked the rating down 5pts. It’s just flat out cheesey in so many areas. For one the dialouge. The “baby, baby,baby… and baby” from that one ish (sorry can’t remember the #), gave me the Major cringies. I dropped Action shortly after that, but I’ve recently decided to give it another shot due to all the Leviathan stuff. Let me get a couple issues under my belt and I’ll give you my updated review.

Once again, awesome review, buddy! :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks man. You are truly in a small minority, my friend. People been hating on Bendis since he started, and mainly on his Superman run for the reasons I mentioned. Sorry for making assumptions. Don’t remember the baby baby baby line. Check out the end of the first Action arc when Red Cloud goes to toe to toe with Superman. Intriguing villain…she’s also shaping up to be a factor in Leviathan.

2 Likes

you guys please stop fighting your tearing us apart! :joy:

@moro, loved that variant cover and the one above it buy Lee Bermejo.

This is my favorite art museum!

2 Likes

Not fighting @Aqua…just virtual buddies geeking out over current Superman comics…doesn’t get much better than that :joy:
Glad you liked the pics…may go for a second round later today!

2 Likes

@moro, oh I know was just trying to be funny. I would like to say that I love to see it when fans can have a civil discussion about their opposite views. We need more of this kind of talk. Stay Classy my friends.

1 Like

A Superman Geek Out? May I join?

I brought Soder.

3 Likes

@Vroom, you’re always welcome to geek away, my friend! Soder sounds good…100 degree weather today.

2 Likes

@Vroom yes you are more than welcome and … Kr season 2 tonight whoop whoop! rewatched the last 3 eps. yesterday, I’m ready

2 Likes

@moro I ordered a keg of Whak Soda too. Jim Lee was so pleased.

@Aquamon YES! I mean, oh that show about Superman’s pappy’s pappy? Eh, I’ll give it a look in between commercial breaks of classic Press Your Luck.

2 Likes

Superman’s pappy’s pappy! :joy:

2 Likes

@Vroom You, my friend, don’t even need to ask. Fact of the matter I was wondering when youd lol ur head in

3 Likes

The 4 of us should offically start the DCU Superman club. We’ll be the charter members, but all true BIG blue Superman fans are encouraged to join.

Whaddya say guys???

2 Likes

Bruce W. Timm

1 Like

1 Like