The world today needs Superman!

With the social and political climates being what they are on present day Earth, I think healthy doses of the Man of Steel in mass media would do absolute wonders for us all.

Look I get Batman’s the most popular comic character there is. I get that he’s a guaranteed cash cow and that needs to be taken advantage of… I get it.

But come on Warners, put some REAL effort into Superman and making sure he’s done PROPERLY. If done correctly he too can be a huge money making machine for you.

The world needs Superman… Give him to us!

15 Likes

Or this beauty from our own @drewcifer

6 Likes

We can always use more Man of Steel

2 Likes

@msgtv Indeed and it’s so time!

2 Likes

Agreed Buddy! If a Presidential candidate was like “I’m here to fight for truth, justice, and the American way.”
Oh he has my vote. (I don’t understand politics)

4 Likes

Also just give us a live version of All-Star Superman

3 Likes

Are we talking live action? Agreed…good sir. Can totally be done. The Superman tone was set right at the end of Justice League…just build on that…all that’s needed is a good story. They also have a good seed planted with Tyler Hoechlin from the CW shows…give him him his own show here on DCU.
Comics-wise…I’m happy with DC’s current treatment of Superman. Supes rises up against earthly threats, cosmic threats, mixed in with some family drama…I find it inspirational, yet relatable at the same time, if that makes any sense.

Then again…I’m one one of the easy ones to please :joy:

3 Likes

@MyBuddyAqua AGREED, AGREED & AGREED some more!

1 Like

@moro I’m talkin’ all forms of mass media!

1 Like

Yeah live action is what I meant.

2 Likes

@moro I give Bendis Supes/Action run a 5 outta 10 so far. Back when Tomassi and Jurgens had those titles it was a phenomenal 10 outta 10.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Hey @DCCC what did you think of Geoff Johns and Gary Frank’s Superman: Secret Origins (2009)
I really liked it and Love when they have a Reeve Superman in comics.

2 Likes

Caption for Pic above: (Where are my keys!)

2 Likes

@Aquamon Oh my God, dude I freakin loved it! It’s on par with Loeb/Sales Superman: For All Seasons.

I had a HUGE smile on my face after finishing Secret Origins. Its a masterpiece as far as I’m concerned!

3 Likes

1 Like

Oh @Aqua you’re a goof ball

And I LOVE it!

2 Likes

@DCCC, I completely agree buddy!
Also Loeb is great!

2 Likes

Speaking of Loeb, if I’m Warners I put full effort into stealing Jeph back from Marvel. Then I’d make him Exec. Producer and writer of the next Superman movie. I’d then get the Hell out of his way and let the man work his magic!

2 Likes