The Wild and Wacky DC Comics Covers of the 50's and 60's Fan Club Starts Here!!

Nobody respects the 5!

2 Likes

5 Likes

Fourth wall. And that space capsule is very much like the one on display at Corning Glass Museum in Corning, NY…except the sides weren’t made of glass…

1 Like

Wow we have this in our DCU library and it’s the first appearance of Wonder Tot. I just looked it over and I have to admit I’m not really sure who or what Wonder Tot is or how Wonder Tot appears in the next issue.

1 Like

Wonder Tot was a response to the success of Superbaby

Eventually, Queen Hippoyuta would contstruct a magic camera, where in she would create stories featuring her daughter at 3 ages-- at the same time-- Wonder Tot, Wonder Girl, and Wonder Woman-- Wonder Tot and Wonder Girl, both Diana, would appear in back-up stories. Eventually, Wonder Girl would get more and more contemporary-- and even Wonder Tot would occasionally not reference being Diana as a baby-- slowly becoming-- in stories written by— you guessed it-- Bob Haney-- somewhat separate characters. This is why a lot of readers at the time, asking for Wonder Girl to appear with Kid, Flash, Aqualad and Robin-- didn’t get that she was Diana as a child. And finally, Wonder Girl became Diana’s sister in the Brave and the Bold #60

1 Like

Here’s hoping the Digitize Jimmy Train keeps on rolling for years to come!

This comment started a quest for me. Luckily the stuff I purchased to get this and surrounding early Superman Silver age in color was actually on buy one / get one free or I got one for like 30 bucks, but now I have all three of the DC hardcover archives: Superman: Man of Tomorrow 1, 2 and 3 that have the launch of Superman Silver age in glossy color, with all the comic book mythology the rolls out of that era, like the Fortress of Solitude, Brainiac, Supergirl excetera.

5 Likes

Now I have to go see if Metamorpho has an Archive edition in color. I have volume 1 of Showcase Presents for him.

1 Like

Yep never pick a fight with a tattooed guy

3 Likes

For those of you who hate winter-- at least you ain’t got it as bad as ANGEL–

She’s lost her APE-- Where are you SAM–?

And she’s have a real cliffhanger of a day!

5 Likes

I just purchased a copy of that from the local store’s $5 60’s bunch.

2 Likes

I’m flipping out… there is no Metamorpho DC Archives hardcover, and it’s not digitized yet.

1 Like

Me too, but Metamorpho in black and white???

1 Like

I guess I can always color them in with my colored pencils

2 Likes

Another cover that could go in either this thread or the start single color cover thread, what fun!

2 Likes

Robin grew up a lot that day–

3 Likes

There’s that hot slightly orange yellow background again. I kind of like it!

3 Likes

Apparently it awakened Don-El as well.

2 Likes

Nice ring @MisfitMarvel , very stylish!

2 Likes