The White Knight Universe Continues With Generation Joker & World's Finest

This week marks the release of the last issue of Beyond The White Knight, marking the end of Sean Murphy’s White Knight trilogy. But, it looks like we’re going to continue to see more from the universe.

First, starting in May we’ll get a six-issue mini-series called White Knight Presents: Generation Joker. This will be plotted by Murphy, scripted by Katana Collins and Clay McCormack, with art by Mirka Andolfo, and described as the teenaged twin children of Harley and Jack Napier stealing a Batmobile with an AI program of Jack Napier in tow with a mission to bring their dad back to life.

After that series ends and Murphy finishes his next project involving Zorro, he’ll come back to write and draw White Knight: World’s Finest, which will deal with the aftermath of Beyond the White Knight, as well as strange yet familiar versions of Wonder Woman and Superman.

Both stories sound pretty interesting, should be cool to see what Murphy does with a broader DC Universe in his sandbox.

8 Likes

I’m super excited to see Superman!

Generation Joker and Wonder Woman Not so much but I usually don’t enjoy Harley Quinn but her White Knight presents book was good so maybe those might also be a pleasant surprise.

4 Likes

Very interesting.
Still have to catch up on the white knight verse only read the first and fell behind. Really enjoyed it.

3 Likes

All Ive read is curse #1 it is free on comixology.

1 Like

Sean Murphy is my favorite writer.

4 Likes

He’s my favorite too.

3 Likes

Welcome back to the community @SpeedingBullets! :partying_face: He’s a great one. Please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything. :batparrot:

3 Likes

Thank You.

Is there an active club where I can talk about Batman?

3 Likes

Absolutely! In fact, I run it! :smiley:

It’s called “World of Bats,” were every week we talk about specific arcs/runs. You can formally join the club HERE.

You can check out all of the books we’ve covered by checking out the hastag world-of-bats

For example, here’s where we’ve talked about the first two parts of the White Knight series:

4 Likes

I’ll definitely give White Knight: World’s Finest a whirl.

4 Likes

say it aint so, Long Live The White Knight Universe!

1 Like

I highly recommend checking out the World of Bats club, as @Jay_Kay so helpfully linked in the above posts! You can also find a list of active clubs in the below thread - while not all focus on Batman, some do discuss Batman to some extent (e.g., the DC Animated Club). :point_down: Enjoy!

2 Likes