The War that Time Forgot

Has anyone read it? It’s been on my back burner forever. Was kind of hoping to hear any opinions on here @ some point 1st. Maybe there was & I just missed em’? Either way, any input would be appreciated.

1 Like

While I’m in this area. Instead of creating a separate post. Is Injustice really as great as I’ve heard? I have it all mapped out in my notebook, but I just need a push to get me to begin. I will start it today if it’s really as good as advertised on this site, LMK.

Injustice, from an objective view, is good, yes. You’ll probably enjoy it. HOWEVER, several characters are ridiculously out of character throughout the entire series. I’m sorry, but am I really supposed to believe that in a world just like the main continuity up until the point where the Joker tricked Superman, Superman becomes a ultra-authoritarian dictator and HAL JORDAN GIVES INTO FEAR, BECOMES A MEMBER OF THE SINESTRO CORPS, AND MURDERS HIS FRIENDS?!

No.

Just no.

2 Likes

I’d previously read up til’ around the 29th issue of Gods among us & that was in the area of problems I was having. Characters acting out character for lack of a different term. That might seem like a lot for me to be asking “if” I should read it. However, considering there’s 153 issues in that series & it’s only one part of it, not that many. The reason I asked is b/c there’s so many & if I was already on the fence, it’s a long ride to the finish. I just didn’t know if it switches up to where it’s so good that wouldn’t be a factor anymore. Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.

1 Like

Still, it surprised me how much I enjoyed it. I had low expectations.

1 Like

I am only familiar with TWTTF when it was featured in Weird War Tales back in the eighties. So I’ve gotta get to this.

1 Like

Yeah I read good things about this one. It’s 12 issues but I’ve never heard it mentioned on site either way. So I was just wondering if anyone had read it yet & had an opinion. I’ll just have to go for it too I think.

1 Like

I bought the mini as it came out, and remember liking it. I haven’t read the series since it concluded, but for the time it was good, especially that Neal Adams cover to #1.

2 Likes